Views: 70791|Replies: 210

What do you think Western view about China? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-2-17 07:27:18 |Display all floors
I'm from Italy, and in these days the subject China is associated with problems about food and it's quality. Here there's a wrong point of view to see China, synonimous like "dirty" were used for it. It's alla so wrong in our culture about China, i think that most of the people doesn't know enything about this beautiful country. Here it's difficult to find a good review on a newspaper about it, all is so wrong. We can speak just about human rughts, democracy, but what means this word for chinese people? DEmocracy has not background in the history of this country, and i think that doesn't exist a global concept about "human rights", it's meaning depends from the cultural context, the historical context and from the value that people give to this word, isn't? i would like to know what means for a chinese this "heavy" word
Dario
达留

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-2-17 10:09:03 |Display all floors

I agree with you

Most of westerns have negative view about China, espicially about the human rights and the Taiwan issue.I know the western mediums always report China unrighteously, but seldom to the positive things about China, including the improvement on human rights and environment.........
So the western should come to China themselves to see what the country really is.And the foreigners like you must introduce China to your country virtually.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-2-17 10:24:34 |Display all floors

What do you think Western view about China?

As a 'foreign devil' I see China as a country that has been invaded by many different, 'devils' but now China has grown and is at the fore front of economic prosperity.  There is not one store that I can go to in the United States such as; general store, Walmart, Kmart, Macy's etc, that more than half of the products are made in China. Clothes, shoes, toys, games, radios, televisions and soon I hear that they will be making automobiles? Money, money will be flowing into the country and all of China will/or should reap the rewards; that is if the Party decides so. Then they will jump to mega (ultra) super Power; but becareful my friends; when you get to the top, there is only one way to go from there.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-2-17 15:15:59 |Display all floors

i hope you can know more about china and then say something here

in fact , more and more foreigner know more about china . at first ,they know it by the radio or other medium, there are some differences in different countries medium, just as you said
"the Chinese hacks are under obligation to tell "30% bad news and 70% good news from China, and 70% bad news and 30% good ness from the rest of the world".
i am a little doubt "what about you country ?is it all the same ?"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-2-17 18:05:46 |Display all floors

yes

China has thousands of years history. We have ourselves living attitude. As this, how could a foreigner realised Chinese. They themselves only have come from the monkey for hundreds of years(grandiloquence). We are more advanced than the America and European.

Use magic tools Report

ondrew has been deleted
Post time 2004-2-17 18:32:23 |Display all floors

It only exaggrated the problems of China.

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

nicer18 has been deleted
Post time 2004-2-18 11:42:32 |Display all floors

Who knows?

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.