Views: 5437|Replies: 5

Something about New Zealand [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-5-27 13:33:29 |Display all floors
Hi there...

I am going to pay a visit to New Zealand soon... it's so exciting and I can't wait to go.
Is anybody in the forum have been there before, please share something and give me some advices if you can.
Of course I will let you guys know about my trip after I come back.
You guys have a nice day!!

From Monica

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-3 14:30:36 |Display all floors

Where?

If you let me know where you are going, I can maybe say something about that area.
If you have only a short time or a limited budget for travel, you may need to choose, from;
cities, countryside, thermal areas, hot springs, Maori culture, sailing, boating, jet boating, skiing, fishing, diving (winter though!), bungy jumping, bush walking, hiking, mountains & mountain scenes, canoeing, farms, museums, fjords, aquarium(s), glaciers, country-home( or farm) stays, night life, shoping, art, live performance, theatre, cafes, exotic food, cultural mixes, river rafting (in winter?) caving, nature reserves (Kiwi, native animals), ski on volcanoes during the day, soak in hot springs at night, sport.

With your choice of area to visit will go whether you want more noise & excitement or quiet & nature &c.

What is good advice also depends on whether you are going 5 star or backpacker.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-3 14:33:13 |Display all floors
all best with you..cos its freezing cold during witner.....^___^
I don't know if I like you or love you, want you or need you, all I know is I love the feeling I get when I'm near you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-4 10:15:16 |Display all floors
Freezing: it is NOT.
Today's (winter) temperatures: (Celcius) Wellington 14, Auckland 17, Christchurch 11, Queenstown (ski resort) 6.

New Zealand is mild, never very cold, never really hot.

Most of New Zealand does not freeze in winter, as most places are realatively close to the sea.
If you want snow or skiing you basically have to go to the mountains (not far).

True, it is a few degrees colder than Sydney on sinfulangel's info, but no, it's not freezing like Harbin or Beijing in winter.
Very easy to get warm sunny days of skiing.
Maybe a little cold for diving or water skiing, but most places a warm jacket will do.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-5 13:40:22 |Display all floors

Sure we are going backpacker, it's far more cheaper...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-5 18:10:45 |Display all floors

freezing winter it sure was.......

i heard that it was snowing really hard.

it was the coldest june in 30 years

and the harsh winter hasn't passed

so bring a lot of warm clothings or you'll freeze your arse.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.