Views: 6969|Replies: 4

Guangzhou to Hong Kong [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-5-22 00:38:34 |Display all floors
As part of my family's trip to China, I'll be in Guangzhou for a few days.  My parents want to visit Kaiping and Taishan where they are from (they left about 50 years ago).  From there we will be going to Hong Kong (June 4).  Is it a big deal taking the train to Hong Kong?  Is it easy to get tickets?  What about that Turbo-Jet boat?  Can you take that from Guangzhou to Hong Kong?  Thanks!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-22 02:01:21 |Display all floors

Train ...

The train is easy: 180 HK$ (from memory, and they prefer HK$) from GZ East Railway Station!
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-23 16:51:26 |Display all floors
You have to take the boat at Panyu the suburb of GZ, so it's a better choice to take a train to HK.
I think you have picked a good day to visit HK, and I think i will be there too, hope to see you at victoria park.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-23 23:15:05 |Display all floors

bus and border service

Hi Steve,
I'm a Chinese Canadian originally from Taishan, Kaiping aslo.  I have been in Canada for over 20 years.  I visited China once 4 years ago for the first time since i left.  Hmmm let me see i do NOT recommend the boat as it made me sea sick.  I thought i can handle it, damn was i mistaken.  I go Canada Wonderland and do all the rides but that boad ride really got me.  Plus the bathroom on the boat is NASTY.  Since the boat rocks up and down in the sea, so the bathroom was splashed with whatever was in there.  SO NASTY that no one use it.

On the way out I took the bus, the ride was ok not too bad.  Not sure what kind of documents you are traveling with.  Shenzhen is a special region so when the bus enter Shenzhen border everyone in the bus must get off and cross the border check and then get back on the bus on other side of border.  I also found out if you hold a HK id or foreign passport such as myself with Canada Passport then you do NOT need to get off.  The bus driver was very rude and yelled at me in Mandarin, same time pointed at the bus door tell me to get off, of course not understand what he was saying, he even come up to me and yelled at my face.  I just yelled him back in English.  Lesson to be learn from this is if they disrespected you just speak to them in English :).

Once you get to Luohu then there are massive of people cross to HK.  

Not sure about train

good luck and have a safe trip

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-24 17:09:51 |Display all floors
Originally posted by congee at 2006-5-23 23:15
The bus driver was very rude and yelled at me in Mandarin, same time pointed at the bus door tell me to get off, of course not understand what he was saying, he even come up to me and yelled at my face.  I just yelled him back in English. ...

HAHA, that's the rule to survive in china, try to be ruder over the bully.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.