Views: 2796|Replies: 9

what do you think of applying double majors in universities? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-5-20 16:32:33 |Display all floors
What do you think of  applying double majors in universities?Is it right or wrong?One of my firend want to apply for this ,  but  at the same time he has some reservation.     What can I say to urge him to make up his mind?
Make friends with foreigners ~Hotmail:hellokeble@hotmail.com  QQ:350935860

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-20 16:52:01 |Display all floors

It all depends

in my own opinion, if you are really interested  in the second major , and it is in a famous school , I think that's
all right .
but if you only want to get another certificate ,you are just  wasting your money

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-21 00:00:51 |Display all floors
Originally posted by paulmike at 2006-5-20 16:52
in my own opinion, if you are really interested  in the second major , and it is in a famous school , I think that's
all right .
but if you only want to get another certificate ,you are just  wa ...

Yes ,I can not agree with you  any more
http://www.hhan.net

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-21 00:01:42 |Display all floors
And I already choose my second major ,not for another certificate  ,but for my interest!!
http://www.hhan.net

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-21 03:18:54 |Display all floors
Double majoring can be enjoyable.

I was a double major for a little while because I intended to switch, but I was not enthusiastic about giving up my faculty adviser in my original major.

Double-majoring, provided your grades are good, simply means that you have more required classes and fewer electives.  Some electives are just not that valuable though, so why not expand your base of knowledge?

Ultimately, I had the required classes in my final major and many electives in my original major.  So it worked out very well for me.

Were I to take college over again then I think I would placed more emphasis on history and I would have selected a school that excelled in that area.  That's just an personal choice.  History was probably down the list of subjects that interested me, and it was the subject that was sacreficed to allow for other interests, like political science and economics.  To learn history without understanding politics and economics could be wasteful though.

[ Last edited by matt605 at 2006-5-21 05:21 AM ]
龙年顺顺利利

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-21 17:24:42 |Display all floors

A hard process.

Doble majoring, definitely, means that u should study almost twice harder than others, so it is a hard process. I know the feeling quete well for I had such experience during my university years, and I failed to get my second B.A deploma.

I agreed with what matt605 said , if u do want to have a second major, u'd better choose the subject u are so interested in, instead of a hot one. Or u will feel very painful during the exam time.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-21 17:28:02 |Display all floors
I cant see why it is wrong to do double majors..I am doing it now...though its pretty boring combination....
I don't know if I like you or love you, want you or need you, all I know is I love the feeling I get when I'm near you.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.