Author: sundayrun

Any Japanese in this forum? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-7-18 07:07:47 |Display all floors
Originally posted by joeching at 2006-7-17 21:42
but dont forget ur own ancestry.  people tends to behave better, that way....

Oh, I don't.  I am proud of my ancestry, but that doesn't mean I won't criticise the countries of my ancestors when I feel their governments have done something wrong.
And while I am proud of my ancestry, I also expect and encourage people of different nationalities to me, to be proud of their own ancestry. I don't claim my own ethnicity to be "better" than anyone elses. All human societies have made valuable contributions to the collective benefit of mankind. All of them have also made some contributions which are not quite so helpful.

JB
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-18 11:19:41 |Display all floors

Reply #42 joeching's post

It would be hard for KOREANs to forgive the JAPANESE.

Unlikely for a very very long time.
Did you people know what the Japanese did to the Korean people?
This was related to be by a Korean colleaque of mine during my days in Dupont.

So, it might be accurate.

During the OCCUPATION OF KOREA, the Japanese tried to wipe out the history of the Korean people. The Japanese wanted to implement "Jewish master race" concept on the Koreans!!!!!

The Korean Clan temples were burnt down. Records of families were wiped out.
Historical building, any trace of Korean pride were destroyed and burnt down.
Nothing was leftover. It was designed to "wipe out" Korean cultural tradition.

and with "tears" in his eye, these Korean said "Koreans will never forgive the Japanese"

I have doubts Korean and Japanese can reconcile.

Green Dragon
Third Force

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-18 19:56:40 |Display all floors
Originally posted by emucentral at 2006-7-18 07:07

Oh, I don't.  I am proud of my ancestry, but that doesn't mean I won't criticise the countries of my ancestors when I feel their governments have done something wrong.
And while I am proud of  ...

well, the only way to like others is to like urself more.  it's the inferior complex in some of us that makes them to oppress others whom they consider inferior to them.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-18 20:00:34 |Display all floors
Originally posted by greendragon at 2006-7-18 11:19
It would be hard for KOREANs to forgive the JAPANESE.

Unlikely for a very very long time...

this would depend how strong is our asian culture.  u see, it's existed a very, very, very long time.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-18 20:52:01 |Display all floors
Originally posted by joeching at 2006-7-18 21:56
well, the only way to like others is to like urself more.  it's the inferior complex in some of us that makes them to oppress others whom they consider inferior to them.  

An excellent point, Joe, and a possible explanation for the outrageous anti American and anti Japanese ranting which we see in the forums.

JB
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-19 23:17:52 |Display all floors
Originally posted by judiepan at 2006-7-17 21:48
be rational. japanese militarism may have done someting which hurt chinese peoples feeling. it's just related to politicians. it's none of most of japanese citizen's business.
it should be admitt ...

but china and japan is on a collision course now.  we must find a way to avert this.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-19 23:20:48 |Display all floors
Originally posted by emucentral at 2006-7-18 20:52

An excellent point, Joe, and a possible explanation for the outrageous anti American and anti Japanese ranting which we see in the forums.

JB

ranting aside, have u noticed how much china has forgiven japan and the west?  and how little have the two appreciated that?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.