Views: 42929|Replies: 154

Let's talk about international and interracial marriage [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-5-17 02:34:31 |Display all floors
Anybody wants  to  share your experience with me?
I don't mind sharing mine if you want to hear about it. :)
Forgive my English

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-17 03:16:24 |Display all floors

How did we meet...

In school. He and I were in different majors. We both attended a seminar class. It was a small class, about 10 or 12 students. We sat in a circle with the professor on the center. The first class I was late. I busted into the classroom and sat down right across him. I have a habit  that whenever I did something wrong, I stuck my tongue out. So did I for being late. He on the other hand, thought I was flirting to him with my tongue. And he insisted that's the case till now.
Forgive my English

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-19 21:44:37 |Display all floors

international   marriage  is  a  kind  of    cultural   exchange  ,   something    in  communication .  and   such  like .    people    benefit    from  each  other  from  this .   tranditional   chinese    ethics     will   do   something   helpful   to  hte  man   with  htis   feeling   in  their   personnal   life    for   the   time   being .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-19 23:46:46 |Display all floors
What would you like to know?  I am as waspish as you can get and my wife is a very traditional Chinese.  

International, intercultural, interracial, yup but we love each other crazy so none of that matters.  It just means we have more aspects to explore in our relationship.
One of every 4 people is mentaly  ill. Think of your
3 best friends, if they're okay, it's you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-20 04:01:57 |Display all floors

Yeah, you are somewhat right

Originally posted by ianhuang at 2006-5-19 09:44
international   marriage  is  a  kind  of    cultural   exchange  ,   something    in  communication .  and   such  like .    people    benefit    from  each  other  from  this .   tranditional   c ...

about the culture exchange part at the beginning. When time pasts, you two just form your own unique culture. In my case, I am not very Chinese traditional person and he is not quite typical western in a lot of ways. It is hard to sum up the difference as good or bad. It all boils down to each individual personality. But I have to say we do have to encounter lots of culture conflicts from outside. For example, we had to work quite hard to proove our sincerity of love to each of our families since they both are so-call very traditional.
Forgive my English

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-20 04:04:53 |Display all floors

GSM

Originally posted by gsmusasia at 2006-5-19 11:46
What would you like to know?  I am as waspish as you can get and my wife is a very traditional Chinese.  

International, intercultural, interracial, yup but we love each other crazy so none of t ...

May I ask how long you two have been together? What is your secret to keep up your love flame?
Crazy love. I envy you two.
Forgive my English

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-21 10:08:57 |Display all floors
Originally posted by holidays at 2006-5-19 14:04

May I ask how long you two have been together? What is your secret to keep up your love flame?
Crazy love. I envy you two.

of course you can ask and I will tell you.  I met her a little more than 4 years ago on one of my trips.  She worked for the local government auditing factories.  Lots of phone calls (between 4-6 every day for a long time) and emails in between trips and them we decided to get married.  Our 2 year anniversary is July 4th.

We are like 2 big kids who can't get enough time with each other and hate to be apart even when she drives me nuts and I drive her nuts.  It is all about recognizing each others individuality and embracing all the differences and coming up with our own way of doing things that is a combination of Chinese and American but works for our family.
One of every 4 people is mentaly  ill. Think of your
3 best friends, if they're okay, it's you.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.