Views: 2808|Replies: 4

could you tell me what lessons we can draw [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-5-16 21:31:51 |Display all floors
last  thursday  night   a  college student was  muderered by   the   robber  who  come in the college  even  the  BAO  AN  don't   see   the accident   in the college  in the night  10'clock .  the  student was killed  and  no one  found the murder  even  include  the boy's  GF  at that time    .because  she was terrified just call the police then and leave  her BF  with  the  robber  ,so the boy was killed and through into the .it's a  tragedy  .now  in the accdemic  it's seem imposible  but it happened  just then !!   what  we can  draw from that and as  a college  student  what we should do to pay our  own  safety  especially  when we met such conditions??  thank you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-17 00:03:06 |Display all floors

horrible

take care
Come away with me my girl

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-17 00:16:28 |Display all floors
no absolute secure exist in this society...the guy was quite unfortunate as a victim in this tragedy....how to prohibit these accidents from happenning is quite an urgent stuff in nowadays campus....
i think the bedmaker of the dorms is responsible for this incident...every stranger
should register to enter the dorms...evidently its the slack of the bedmaker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-17 01:08:14 |Display all floors

Card activated door to Dorms

Back in the states in my university we had student registration cards that allowed us to enter into our dorms. Mayhaps the majority of Chinese University should start implementing this option so no registered students can enter unless accompanied with another student. Mind you Bao An can't patrol the place at all times with 100 percent success rate.
((EyeOfStorm))
~All that which glitters is not gold~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-17 12:31:36 |Display all floors

Lessons to be learned?

Always watch your back, noone else will.

Don't be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Don't trust anyone, even your girlfriend.

Life is fragile, it can be stopped at anytime.

Don't expose your personal life, habits of property.

Look everywhere as you go through life. Pay attention to others who might harm you. Don't confront someone you don't know unless you have the upper hand. Watch for danger in all places. Eventually it will become second nature and your safety will be improved.

Don't draw attention to yourself with expensive clothing, jewlery or cell phone or anything else like that. Lock your door.

Don't invite trouble unless you are looking for it. It will find you if you want it to.

Think of the outcome of your actions. Don't give anyone the edge over you.

Sit with a wall to your back and near an escape route. Be aware of everyone who comes in. Be aware of someone looking at you.

Stay out of the shadows unless you are adept at being in the shadows. Light is usually safer.

Look at all the options before trouble finds you. Take action when the time is right.
Always have a weapon. An old sharpened credit card is a knife. A heavy belt buckle can be used as a hand reinforcement or whip. A simple ink pen can be a penitrating weapon. Learn simple defensive moves. A bleeding cut on the forehead will put blood in an attackers eyes.

CYA

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.