Author: peaches

Young Moms. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-5-18 04:02:56 |Display all floors

Appalling!

When I saw this I thought it was pretty awful.  Then I checked Google and found about an even worse case of a Peruvian girl who gave birth at 5 years 7 months back in 1939.  The site snopes.com debunks a lot of urban legends, but they say this one is true at http://www.snopes.com/pregnant/medina.asp

Poor children.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-18 08:58:12 |Display all floors
[quote]Originally posted by 666adrian at 2006-5-17 21:16
We have too many scum like her and her family already, that baby should be aborted or put into care as soon as possible.
The number of young single mothers here is a national scandal, that girl wi ... [/qoute]

exxcept i don't agree with your solution.

when i had my daughter at 17  i went on social assistance.. but i was only on it until i finished highschool.. then i went on OSAP.( student loan for school).  then i supported myself just fine

but if someone decided when i was 17 that i shouldn't have had my daughter cause i was on social assistance..i would have been one angry mama.

personally i think that 11 year old likes the attention she is getting.. once that baby pops out , her mom will probably take care of it and that 11 year old will feel pretty stressed out.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-18 09:55:47 |Display all floors
Originally posted by caringhk at 2006-5-17 14:16
Tell you what i read.

Next time in the long distance future, people will become mum at 5 years old.
And live to a ripe old age of 20.

It is a cycle of life. Growth,destruction, start again.. ...

Interesting theory. Perhaps our destruction of Nature will lead to that, there is already speculation (and maybe evidence? not sure) that chemicals in our lives are making kids hit puberty sooner... and if we start dying sooner too because of cancer and other things we are bringing upon ourselves... then I could see that cycle happening. (of course, I could see us living longer and longer too!)

And my story is very similar to Peaches's's.... While I would definitely call myself "pro-choice", I don't know if I personally could have an abortion. I DIDN'T, at age 18, when a lot of kids my age would have. It is NOT a light thing to do. Once you know there is a baby inside you, you are attached! The moment I even suspected my son might be inside me, I was talking to him, feeling love, telling him he was beautiful and healthy and smart, loving him, even while my belly was still flat! No one should ever tell a woman whether she should have an abortion or not have one. I believe it should be entirely up to the individual. Believe me, anyone of sane, even partially healthy emotions will not have an easy time with that decision and making them feel like crap about it (either decision) is not helpful at all.

(fine, mike, you got my abortion opinion out of me, ok?)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-18 10:10:31 |Display all floors
Originally posted by freakyqi at 2006-5-18 09:55

Interesting theory. Perhaps our destruction of Nature will lead to that, there is already speculation (and maybe evidence? not sure) that chemicals in our lives are making kids hit puberty soon ...

I am with you in the "pro-choice" camp.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-18 10:13:23 |Display all floors
I believe a person has the right to choose between keeping her unborn or not.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.