Views: 3448|Replies: 9

China may not release Mission Impossible 3: report [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-5-16 05:00:22 |Display all floors
BEIJING (Reuters) - Chinese media have speculated that flashes of underwear and other "inappropriate" images in the China scenes of Mission Impossible 3 (MI3) might jeopardize the mainland release of     Tom Cruise's latest Hollywood blockbuster.

Despite hitting American screens over a week ago, China's State Administration of Radio, Film and Television (SARFT), is yet to approve MI3's mainland distribution, the Beijing News newspaper said on Monday.

Underwear hanging out to dry and other images "harmful to China" might be responsible, local papers have suggested.

"In the Shanghai scenes, all the roofs and alleys have raggedy clothes hanging from bamboo sticks everywhere," said the Beijing Times.

The paper also said that many movie-goers found the scenes shot in Shanghai and the village of Xitang "inappropriate," given both locations "became places for the storage of terrorists' chemical weapons."

"Chinese viewers will have trouble accepting this plot of foreign criminal elements fighting publicly in Shanghai," the paper quoted one viewer as saying.

SARFT's final verdict on releasing MI3 is due this week, the Beijing News said, adding that an official had expressed that its distribution chances were "high" -- but some editing would need to be carried out.

The official declined to provide further details, the paper said.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-16 06:54:46 |Display all floors

I read that...

I think I can understand why it shouldn't be aired. Wonder whose underwear it was

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-16 08:55:32 |Display all floors
It's already in the DVD shops... who are they fooling, really?
瑞典人,活着为中国娃娃而死。汉学家、工程师、摄影师、网页设计师等等。爱好:政治、历史、科技、文化等。王菲迷。自由主义者。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-16 09:05:45 |Display all floors
Those weren't knickers they were Kites...... have you seen some of the size of them???? (knickers that is)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-16 09:22:42 |Display all floors

Wha! Is it for real?

Originally posted by mark069 at 2006-5-15 17:00
Underwear hanging out to dry and other images "harmful to China" might be responsible, local papers have suggested.

I 'd better not do that anymore.
noundi.jpg
Forgive my English

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-16 16:05:11 |Display all floors
Let's have a bet. I believe the film will be distributed in China, but could be revised to some extent. Even so, I am also feel frustrated.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-20 20:56:34 |Display all floors
ha, block your eye but you cann't alter the real

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.