Views: 11990|Replies: 50

what happened to us ------------chinese [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-5-13 13:13:07 |Display all floors
I met traffic accident last week  and hurt my knees  on the way to work .   Middle bus bumped private car .  The woman who sat at the corridor was throwed out and made her head bleeding .   The two drivers quarrelled ,ignoring the wounded woman .  Meanwhile , the other passengers got off  and went . No body called ambulance including me( actually  , this idea didn't occur to me at that time ) . Fortunately , the traffic police came in two minutes , then bus driver dailed telephone , then I went and didn't know what was going on ........................

When I tell this to my French colleagues , their response make me surprised  : " it is really strange of chinese , no body calls ambulance when seeing somebody bleeding  , I met  this conidition many times ,,,,,,," , they argued discontentedly    .  I don't know what I could continue to say , just thinking what happen to me , to us -------chinese ,  why that siutation happen ...............  who can tell ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-13 13:30:22 |Display all floors

amberwu1981

You are one of the stander-bys, naturally one of those to be blamed. My advice to you is: next time when you witness such a  traffic accidents again, use your mobile to call 110 or 120 for emergency rescue...thanks...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-13 13:32:47 |Display all floors
I have no idea if you are a chinese or not, you are in the list to be morally blamed....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-13 13:36:54 |Display all floors
not everyone want to care the things which is not correlative with him ~~~~ so regardless

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-13 14:10:59 |Display all floors
As what petertmh mentioned earlier you were being a 'public by-stander' and did not take initiatives to call for help. Perhaps you didn't want to take that responsibility because it did not concern you. However as a witness your are not obligated but you should always seek for help considering this is part of what we call social responsibility. Also, this can derive from moral standards...let me ask you this, if you were the women with a face helplessly covered with blood wouldn't you want someone to call for help for your sake?

The least you could do is to call for help.

"Treat others the way you would want them to treat you"

Challyz what you said displays you only care about yourself and that im sorry to say is backwards thinking... very backwards.
((EyeOfStorm))
~All that which glitters is not gold~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-13 14:35:14 |Display all floors

Reality check~

Andows, I know that you glorify Western mentality, do or die, I dont give a f*ck,  bold thinking on more occasions than necessary due to regretting the useless 'shit and way' that you learned in Chinese education all your life. However let me remind you, the mentality you are trying to throw is merely just an imitation of a White College Fratboy / Meathead / nigga with attitude on the street Chinese wannabe. Since it's just a imitation...i'll break it down to you...it doesn't make you anymore western-minded it only makes you look like a chicken running around with it's head cut off. The moral of this? How about you cut the bullshit and be realistic and stop thinking you're a oppressed 'nigga' from the ghetto aiight??

until then, fake it till you make it I suppose.
((EyeOfStorm))
~All that which glitters is not gold~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-13 14:44:58 |Display all floors
Please don't act as a bystander when this happen.  I agree with that eyeofstorm posted.  If you need help some when you are in trouble, please give your hands to others who needs help.  "Treat others the way you would want them to treat you".
------ 淡泊明志 宁静致远 ------

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.