Author: divina

Should Chinglish be encouraged or discouraged? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-5-18 22:52:20 |Display all floors

and...

"Chinglish: The humorous version of English that appears (often in instructions for assembling or using products) after a translation from the original Chinese (or any other language) fails to come across in "normal" English.

The term Chinglish is a fusion of the "Chin" from Chinese and the "glish" from English. Chinglish is not a racist or bigoted term and should not be taken as such. If anything, The Chinglish Files are a way of poking fun at how difficult our flawed English language can be to translate at times. It is not intended as a dig at the intelligence or linguistic capabilities of other nations. "

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-18 22:53:49 |Display all floors

so Rovi

You want the world to laugh at the Chinese, I don't;-)

Use magic tools Report

rovi297 has been deleted
Post time 2006-5-19 09:41:21 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

rovi297 has been deleted
Post time 2006-5-19 09:42:14 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-23 17:06:02 |Display all floors
NO chinglish is not and will never be recognised by any world body and therfore is of no importance to the world so as the chinese nation opens up so should their minds and their talking abilities,if a foreinger can learn to speak fluent good grammatically correct chinese why cant they learn the english language FULLY therefore i as a foreigner studying chinese i strongly disscourage the use of chinglsih and all those who use this insane form of talking.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-23 21:59:34 |Display all floors
Originally posted by thepunk at 2006-5-23 17:06
NO chinglish is not and will never be recognised by any world body and therfore is of no importance to the world so as the chinese nation opens up so should their minds and their talking abilities,if a foreinger can learn to speak fluent good grammatically correct chinese why cant they learn the english language FULLY therefore i as a foreigner studying chinese i strongly disscourage the use of chinglsih and all those who use this insane form of talking.

more punctuations are needed

Use magic tools Report

rovi297 has been deleted
Post time 2006-5-25 18:50:05 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.