Views: 5149|Replies: 10

求助:ahead of budget [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-5-12 09:50:37 |Display all floors
Every business unit finished the year on or ahead of budget, except MMHC, which did have an 11th-hour surge at year-end.

Landing weights were 2% ahead of budget, although they were 5% below the same period in FY2002 and 15% below the first third of FY2001.

这两句里面,ahead of的意思似乎截然相反啊。ahead of budget到底是指低于还是超出预算呢?请指教。

[ Last edited by eggtar at 2006-5-12 09:51 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

rovi297 has been deleted
Post time 2006-5-12 10:13:24 |Display all floors

低于预算 = under budget

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-12 10:16:24 |Display all floors
但是还有这样的句子:Public spending surges ahead of Budget.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-12 10:20:05 |Display all floors
还有这样的句子:'I am pleased to report,' says Rapra Managing  Director Andrew Ward, 'that in a number of important areas we  are now ahead of budget and expected performance. The  contribution of our large projects team, for example, in leading collaborative polymer research in Europe has been outstanding this year. We expect that activity and others -  in key areas such as medical, pharmaceutical, healthcare and to continue to grow and prosper.'
这里的意思倒是没有什么难理解的,但是ahead of budget中,ahead of表示低于,ahead of expected performance中,ahead of似乎应该是超过。同一个短语,两个截然不同的意思…………

Use magic tools Report

rovi297 has been deleted
Post time 2006-5-12 10:22:23 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-12 10:33:34 |Display all floors
i didn't have the context. it was an isolated sentence for me. anyway, now i've noticed the words "Wendesday's Budget", i think i know what they mean. thanx. but i don't think the word "worsened" has anything to do here.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-12 10:38:25 |Display all floors
超出预算。如果是销售预算那是好事,如果是开销预算那是坏事。

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.