Views: 3404|Replies: 8

how to improve my english by watching movies [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-5-11 22:26:20 |Display all floors
i watched a few american movies recently they're good ,but i dont have a clue that whether it can improve my english ,while watching i always couldn't help “看字幕”..

i also hope you to recommend me some good movies

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-11 22:44:23 |Display all floors
Reading the subtitles (字幕) is fine -- as long as you're reading the English subtitles! As an occasional alternative to your other study methods, watching movies, with or without the English subtitles, can improve the "flow" of your English.

But you must also beware: listening to the English, while reading the Chinese subtitles will not help at all. Most  "daoban" DVDs in China have really terrible translations, and so the "match" between what's being said in English and what's written in Chinese is often very, very poor.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-12 09:17:04 |Display all floors
personal opinion, remove the chinese subtitles while you're listening the english. listen more times as you can , then you will get little improve of your listening ability. keep it for long, you will get a lot progresses. that's the way while i am watching a pirate DVDs or something which i downloaded from internet.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-12 10:23:01 |Display all floors
i want to improve my english by watching film ,.
but i don't know where can i download some film freely in the internet ?
i can't find them ,

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-12 11:42:30 |Display all floors
Translation is broblem.but i think it is still good.And somehow ,i don't think watching movies can improve English a lot.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-14 00:20:58 |Display all floors
From my point of view, watching American movies is one of the good ways to learn English, especially for your listening and oral ability improvement. But, do remeber: Never see the Chinese subtitle while you are listening what the players are saying. You can find some movies with English subtitle in the internet or buy the DVDs.

Once you get some good phras or sentense or slang, write them down, keep it for a period of time, you must have some improvement.
Adversity reveals genius, fortune conceals it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-14 03:16:24 |Display all floors
No matter which film you choose, the critical point you should remember that you should exactly interested in and enjoy it. That means do not just watch it once.Thus won't bring you any kind of progress and you won't fully understand and memorize all the word they've said in the film.So you should enjoy it and you have this desire to re-watch it several times.I think some drama may really helpfulto you, such as "Friends" and "the despearte housewives".
And if you really want to choose this way to improve your English, then don't hesitate to buy the real version which contains English subtitles. It really hard for you to get free version on line with English subtitles.
May what I've said above really bring you benefits.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.