Views: 6150|Replies: 19

English children materials with native voices [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-5-10 18:08:00 |Display all floors
http://www.starfall.com/

I recommend to browse this site thouroughly and listen and pronounce after everything that you hear
as close as you can. I believe this will help excercise a certain  oral muscles that is not used in
chinese language, but Englsh. Therefore, this should ultimately help reduce Chinese accent when
you speak English.

PS: Here's a link to popular Children songs: http://tsc.kidsmusicweb.com/

Also, I would like to offer a brief explaination for presenting this material to ESL people who attempt
to improve their listening and oral English language.

You see, in any language a child is not taught grammar until appoximately 5th or 6th grade, but yet
most children can tell if someone did not speak their language properly to them. And they can do this
with very little effort. Hence, if you can learn some of these children' materials, I believe it should help
you with your English oral as well as English listening, but you must invest some time into this. It will
not work if you only spend a couple weeks or months. This is what I called "Habitual English"; thus,
it may take as much time as children had taken to develop their communication skills.

Good luck and God blesses all,

Forest Servant.

[ Last edited by forestservan at 2006-5-11 08:13 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-11 10:30:10 |Display all floors
hehe,  thank Forestservant for giving good suggestion.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-11 15:09:49 |Display all floors

Thank you, Forestservant

I just browsed it, it's a good web site for children to learn English. I'm looking for     a  web site for my son (2 years old) to learn English these days. you're just in time!

Thank you!

Jane

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-11 15:32:48 |Display all floors

good thread

i guess i could learn a lot  !thank you!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-11 20:23:39 |Display all floors

Added link to Chidren songs in the first post.

Okay, I have added a link to popular children' songs the first post, and I hope
it will be helpfull to all.

I know a lot of people must think I am crazy to offer these materials to adult student.
Nevertheless, the way I see it: if I can speak english as good as a 12 years old
English kid, I would be very happy with myself, to be honest with you, hehehe.

God blesses all,

Forest Servant.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-11 22:23:51 |Display all floors
it seems its none of my bussiness...i also wanna improve my poor listening...but seems that is fit with the kid..what a shame

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-15 17:35:39 |Display all floors
thank you,sir

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.