Views: 3245|Replies: 8

Is learning English online effective? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-5-8 21:29:05 |Display all floors
Hi

I'm Petr from the Czech Republic. I'm a keen English learner and I often wonder if the Internet truly improves a learners English capablity. I have some doubts about the Internet. I have tried programs like English Town and Global English. These programs are expensive and did not really help me for speak English like native speaker.

Then I met www.englishmaze.com. I have already posted message in this forum about this website. Is excellent. It really helps you learning the natural English. It has chat and discussion and ePal and much more options for every English learner.

I recommend English Maze (www.englishmaze.com) to all my friends in ChinaDaily forum.

Please try it and see me or other friend in English Maze Rooms.

Petr

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-8 22:02:32 |Display all floors
thanks  the site is very good

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-9 22:11:58 |Display all floors

On-line English

You may learn proper grammar and build up a decent vocabulary, but you will not learn proper pronunciation or many colloquial expressions, I feel.
Xúe ér bú yàn,
Huǐ rén bú juàn.
          - Confucius.

HE_Gao-rui@yahoo.com.cn

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-9 22:40:22 |Display all floors

thank you for your suggested website

guy,thank you!
I am a knee english learner too. I have been  searching for some wonderful website for my english studying
for a long time.  What I found is that chinadaily is a excellent website for not only newer but older guys to stduy
and communicate.

later I will check what you provided.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-9 22:47:00 |Display all floors

wish u join us

i found that many ppl here r all good at english ..so i built a QQgroup for english chatting....wish u can join us..and make some friends here....the QQgroup 's NO.is 24429130.......give my best regard to u all.....frankly..i am so eagar to improve my oral english....so...so..
hope u guys can join us...join us to build a big big big big big family

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-9 23:04:11 |Display all floors

it's good for

understanding what you read etc... for oral and listening, the best bet would get a friend who speaks real well... Unfortunately, many learners (especially Chinese?) are not very flexible with English... they study too much American English, and expect the words to sound the same!!! Good luck to all of you!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-10 17:54:14 |Display all floors
If you don't enjoy practice, you won't practice.

In my "other life" as an English teacher, I am often asked this question. Students usually ask this way: "Teacher, what's the most effective way to practice my English?"

There is no one answer. Whatever form of practice you most enjoy, reading, writing, surfing the 'net, talking to other people, that will be the most "effective" for you.

Obviously, you can't practice speaking by writing, but the rule still applies. Pick an activity you enjoy, that also means you must speak English (for example), and that will be the best practice you can get.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.