Views: 11762|Replies: 72

Tech-talk ... [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-5-5 03:43:47 |Display all floors
As per title ... Here we can talk tech ... This is a spin-off from divina's "I use" thread which was about email or recreational drugs (or both)

So, post away ... Questions are welcome here as I am sure someone can give a good answer!
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-5 05:38:48 |Display all floors

so anyone has any questions for mr guitar related to recreational drugs? lol

- We don't dwell on the past, we remember it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-5 05:52:00 |Display all floors

ok, ok so I am the brain child of this "project"

just kidding ("Kidding" does NOT mean making a kid)...

Anyone know LAN stuff? A LOT of it?
computer_2.gif

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-5 05:54:01 |Display all floors

i know it

i bet Mr Guitar knows more than i do

but when he's not present, i may help u.
- We don't dwell on the past, we remember it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-5 06:10:47 |Display all floors

ok cool

I'm on a LAN and I want to know how I can avoid having the administrators mind my business... please don't talk to me about firewall nonesense.... ahahahaha I want something fullproof...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-5 06:20:33 |Display all floors

Ok, my first question...

We have our own domain and mail server in our H/Q, and our H/Q also provides webmail.  And I hate to use webmail, so I am using my mail client to read and write mails.  The problem for me is that:

I can use smtp function to send mails to other departments of our H/Q and those overseas departments.  However, I cannot use smpt to send mails to the contacts who are not within our domain.  POP3 is quite ok and I can get all the mails from any domain to my client.  As an alternative, I have to registered an Gmail and set it as the defaul account of my mail client since Gmail provide perfect POP3/SMTP functions.

Hehe, to send business mails using a free webmail domain is somewhat of losing losing face, isn't it?

Any suggestion?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-5 06:29:29 |Display all floors

ahahah I get what you mean!

good question there Afri, I think gmail though is prestigious enough... or get one that's real rare and crap... at least they might think it's not free... eeheheheh

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.