Views: 5498|Replies: 14

good or not to point out other's mistakes in the conversation? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-4-19 00:36:13 |Display all floors
in some online english chatrooms, people try to improve their english through conversations.but i found  that there were many mistakes .
do u think it good or not to point the mistakes out? especially to those who r eager to better their english.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-19 17:46:12 |Display all floors
Yes, often we made a lot of typo errors in Chat's Room because we type too fast.
Having said that, I believe we should not correct members' typo errors because
it tend to make the chat difficult to follow.

However, if a certain members asked to help correct their errors, then I will try to
help. However, the key is to help member when they purposly misspell word/s,
not typo. I usually used the following rule for this: If I saw a person spell word/s
correctly at least once or twice, then I would not correct them thereafter because
I assumed they know the word, but just made a typo error.

God blesses all,

Forest Servant.

[ Last edited by forestservan at 2006-4-19 05:47 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-20 10:19:32 |Display all floors

help

To sleepingfish and  forestservan
Can you tell me which is the best on line English chatroom ? the website .

Thank you two .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-20 11:32:29 |Display all floors
of course,I think it's good to point out other's mistakes in the conversation.in my opinion,we go to online english chatroom to improve our english.we show the conversation to let others find mistakes for us.if our mistakes are not pointed out,why we go to onling english chatroom?
so as a writer of tha conversation in the online english chatroom,we are supposed to thank the peopel who find and point out our mistakes.
and as a passerby,we should try our best to find and point out the mistakes if we can.because we know what we do is improving other's english.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-20 17:25:32 |Display all floors
What you said is true, Sunny, but what I am saying is you need not to correct
typing mistakes: such as "teh" supposed to be "the", "thta" for "that"... . If you
understand what the person said then move on to learn more ideas.

God blesses all,

Forest Servant.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-21 12:09:07 |Display all floors
It all depends. I think there is no need to correct the spelling mistakes while chatting, for editing some files, we often use Microsoft Office and there is a function correcting that kind of mistake.  However, grammer errors should be corrected, in my opinion.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-21 15:03:48 |Display all floors
True, what you said about grammar error is, but you must ask members to help
you out so that they know you're try to improve your English. I used to do that and I
did get some help.

God blesses all,

Forest Servant.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.