Author: tmphgt

Do you object to inter-racial relationships? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-5-9 14:10:59 |Display all floors

I don't see any problem of Interracial Relationships

Here's little background about myself. I was born in Mainland China, raised up in Hong Kong. I got friends from the US, UK, Canada, Australia, Korea...
So i can tell, i've seen different people from different countries, if you ask them about the Objection of Inter-racial Relationships, i am sure they will answer you by give out a very clear answer- is No! Because, they go like, my wife, girlfriend could be Chinese, Filipino, Indian, so on... plus in HK you can see a lot Inter-racial Relationships and the Babies, so what's the problem
Um well Mr. Kanyuek, i don't mean to pick on you, but really your message above that is out of line! Now is 2006
have a good day

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-10 05:30:02 |Display all floors

No objections

Well I am an American male and I support interracial relationships 100 percent.  There was a time when I would probably not agree especially since I misunderstood China so much.  In the USA we are taught to believe many negative things
about different cultures.  In a few months from now I will be married to a Chinese girl and it has been a difficult journey.  
My friends here believe she just wants a greencard and pass out of China.  Her friends were worried I will cheat or
mistreat her.  We both go through a phase to question what we are doing.  In the end all of our friends and family envy us
and believe we have a special bond.  Someone should write a book about it.  

It is a difficult process to go through but it can happen and I support it.  It is exciting as well as a lot of work.  I believe that Chinese men and Foreign women will also become more common.  The Chinese men that I meet in China were
incredibly gracious and will remain my friends forever.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-17 09:50:59 |Display all floors
Generally speaking inter-racial relationship is a good thing that gives people a chance to know a different culture, different people. :)thus we may broaden our vision.:)
Boating on the Houhai River...在后海泛舟...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-17 09:57:36 |Display all floors
Originally posted by pinko7 at 2006-4-18 10:33
i think i'm the biggest fan there is of interracial relationships there is...there is no downside of interracial relationships but many many upsides...they are good to be a part of and they are eve ...

Actually there are some downsides interracial marriages.  It is true that the child can often get the best genes from both parents and be a very healthy intelligent person.  This is a good side.  A bad side is the fact that a child has an equal chance to inherit bad genes on different chromosomes from both parents.  This can result in a horribly afflicted child.  Interracial marriage is like gambling, sometimes you win, sometimes you don't.  Also, the people who marry interracially often offer a very different point of view to their children.  This is because the two people are often brought up in different cultures.  Thus, many conflicts would erupt over things that non-interracially married people never have to worry about.  As an example, I had a White friend who married and Asian guy.  The Asian guy's mother got sick so he wanted his mother to move in with them.  She, however, refused completely.  She was brought up in America while the Asian guy was brought up in Cambodia.  In Cambodia, people value Confucian values of respect and filial piety while in America, people are brought up to believe in independence from one's parents.  This argument escalated and they are now divorced and their children are very sad.  Thus, you can see that interracial marriages are not completely good.  People who do marry interracially are ok with me but I would not do so myself as it creates far too many problems that could be easily avoided in marriages of the same ethnicity and/or culture.
"When I am White, I win because I'm White.  When I'm Black, I win because I am Bogoljubow."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-17 10:30:52 |Display all floors
Originally posted by peaches at 2006-4-18 12:57
And the only point that bothers me about it. just chinese women and western men for example. YOU cannot tell me that most of those women really love those men. I mean if they were chinese all of a sudden, i don't htink those girls would like them at all. I"m still very bothered by how low chinese women will put themselves for a white man and how bad most of those men treat even the nice chinese girls who don't know better.

sorry i'll end my rant here.
I shouldn't care, cause other then having to watch it in disgust doesn't effect me and no talking sense into either of them either.
i will tell you that plenty of those western men love those chinese women. dont confuse whats going on here in china with western men hanging out with thai bar girls in phuket, bangkok or pattaya. the dynamics of these relationships are different, and i have no problem with either one of them. both parties to the relationship are getting what they want. personally, i think if  you're really disgusted by the sight of these relationships, maybe you should move on to another country.

Originally posted by kanyuek at 2006-4-19 07:35
But so many foreigners nowadays are using the route of "Teaching English" in China to engage in wanton behaviour and get involved with the local Chinese, I truly believe it is not a representative of the majority of American, British and other foreigners who go to China to teach English. They are only interest in getting another contract the next year, going to singapore for R & R. Shame on those foerigners !

shame on who? for what? coming to china and working, and enjoying themselves during their time off?

Originally posted by middlekingdo at 2007-1-17 09:57
Actually there are some downsides interracial marriages.  It is true that the child can often get the best genes from both parents and be a very healthy intelligent person.  This is a good side.  A bad side is the fact that a child has an equal chance to inherit bad genes on different chromosomes from both parents.  This can result in a horribly afflicted child.  Interracial marriage is like gambling, sometimes you win, sometimes you don't.

interesting hypothesis, but unless you can show us some evidence to support it, its not worth much i'm afraid. if i want to know how a child between me and a chinese woman is going to turn out, i'll speak to an expert in genetics or my doctor. the rest of your post has some merit in myopinion, inter-racial relationships dont always work out. neither do relationships limited to one ethnicity/race.

i think inter-racial relationships are great, i wouldnt be here if my (a black man) chances of success in finding a nice chinese woman to be with were low.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-17 13:25:22 |Display all floors
It's good that things are well. if/when chinese ecomony collapse., who do you think is going to get the blame. American blame immigrants for all it;s failure during reccession and I am sure chinese will do the same. Interracial marriage just add to the fire.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-17 13:30:42 |Display all floors
Originally posted by chinaimport at 2007-1-17 13:25
It's good that things are well. if/when chinese ecomony collapse., who do you think is going to get the blame. American blame immigrants for all it;s failure during reccession and I am sure chinese ...

i'm not sure where yoiu come from, but whqt you've posted i dont believe to be true. first of all, the number of immigrants to china (most foreigners here are only here short term 1-2 years) is so small as to be insignificant. second, immigration to countries like US and canada is very high, and the impact of immigrants in those countries is significant.

americans and canadians dont blame immigrants for all their problems, but some immigrants to those countries certainly do cause problems, moreso in canada since immigrants to canada are officially told/asked to retain as much of their culture as they wish, which divides canadian society instead of uniting it.  can hardly imagine this playing out in china.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.