Views: 4535|Replies: 19

How come all Chinese people have the same hair color? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-4-10 09:49:33 |Display all floors
The chinese really do look a lot alike . In America the shades of hair color vary from black to red ,brown, blonde, and other variations .
I find this strange but maybe its just me . I suppose i should get used to it as the chinese are the most populated people on the planet.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-10 11:19:19 |Display all floors
Originally posted by frothow at 4-10-2006 09:49
The chinese really do look a lot alike . In America the shades of hair color vary from black to red ,brown, blonde, and other variations .
I find this strange but maybe its just me . I suppose i s ...

I can't wait to see what kind of answers you get...  

Hopefully some are entertaining and others educational.

sorry, don't know the answer ;-(

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-10 11:31:25 |Display all floors
Actually, the lack of melanin that produces lighter colorings such as pale skin and blonde hair is a genetic aberration that developed early on as early people began to settle in cooler locations like Europe. With the colder weather and lesser amounts of sunlight, people had less need for darker skin (which is what everyone had--man originated in Africa with very dark skin and hair), and over time, people became paler and paler.

The Chinese (although "China" did not exist yet, we'll call them that) seem to have become lighter in skin tone than they were originally, but China was also much warmer a long time ago (there were elephants as far north as what is now Beijing, I think). So it's actually the Chinese who are closer in features to original humans, and the pale Europeans who are weird.

In western China, though, you can still see the evidence of European influence in the genes from time to time. A long time ago, there were Caucasians settled in that part of China, and you can see it in the facial features of that region. Every once in a great while, you'll even get a kid with brown or blonde hair, or perhaps blue eyes.

I've read that in fact, Asian people have a wider variety of facial structures than Americans. It is sometimes more difficult to tell, though, because we Westerners often look at hair color and you can't rely on that as much, but just look around for a while and it's kind of true.

Not an exact answer to your question, but some info on the topic.

[ Last edited by sockmonkey at 2006-4-10 11:33 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-10 16:50:31 |Display all floors
The chinese really do look a lot alike.

your quiz seems very dull, it is absolutely your bias review. then I also have a puzzle that it is hard-won for me to differentiate the leading actor and costar only from their figures in western movies.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-10 17:16:26 |Display all floors

I think there is a difference with their hair colours

Most Chinese have black hair, but quite a number of them have brown hair, their ancestors were 100% Han Nationality. Some Southern Chinese are almost as black as the back people, some northern Chinese are almost as white as the white people, but they never have blonde or very light brown hair. You can see here China has a great diversity within itself.

[ Last edited by tellme at 2006-4-10 05:22 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-10 18:32:46 |Display all floors
it is funny...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-10 20:50:13 |Display all floors
Originally posted by frothow at 2006-4-10 09:49
I find this strange but maybe its just me . I suppose i s ...

I don't know why they have this colour, but I know it depleted their sense of humour. They do not have jokes about blondies.
Andy Dob

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.