Author: matt605

President Hu's List of Do's and Don'ts for China. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-4-9 19:42:34 |Display all floors

Will that apply to all Chinese including oversea Chinese as well?

They are universal enough to apply to everyone, not just the huaren. In a world which has become increasingly complicated, it is refreshing to have clear statements made again that clear the air and revive good values.

Iceland eskimo to pampas cowboy, fiji fisherman to washington politician - everyone can relate to them; a little bit from China can renew people all over the world with what they have inside them.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-14 09:52:27 |Display all floors

LEADERSHIP

I just came across some interesting thoughts that George Washington had written to the governors of the 13 American colonies.  Although I put it in quotes, please be advised that I have paraphrased his words, for clearer communication.

"...we need to temper our own personal drives and desires with charity and humility...without...these things, we can never hope to be a happy Nation.”

My point is this:  It is right and correct for leaders to lead, and therefore expressing ideals (for a people to live up to) is certainly one of their responsibilities.

A secondary point is how much in common Hu's "Do's and Don'ts" have in common with Washington's advice.  It reminds me of the old adage, 'great minds think alike'.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-22 16:47:15 |Display all floors

what is love

爱就是满足对方却不求回报,
爱就是站在对方的角度,用对方的大脑思考问题,
爱就是理解和包容,
爱就是责任,
爱就是行动,
爱就是行动之后要得一个结果Sample Text

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-22 18:52:10 |Display all floors
Corruptions and malpractise can not be changed by slogans only, but we do need some kind of national spirit to inspire the people.:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-23 11:47:57 |Display all floors
you can read President Hu 在耶鲁大学的演讲

http://www.vankeweekly.com/vanke ... =1050840&page=1

and learn
“追求光明和真理”
中华文明历来注重以民为本,尊重人的尊严和价值
and more....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-28 14:19:24 |Display all floors
it looks like a poem. i like it .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-29 04:26:27 |Display all floors

I have a question

Does this list apply to all of China, including the CCP? Or just the ordinary Joe?

I have a feeling that it is the latter, given what officials get away with these days. Perhaps Hu should clean up his own house before lecturing Chinese people on how to live their lives........
"People are the water, the ruler is the boat; water can carry the boat, but it can also capsize it."

-- Li Shimin (2nd Tang Emperor, "Taizong")

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.