Author: matt605

President Hu's List of Do's and Don'ts for China. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-4-29 12:47:23 |Display all floors
Why wait?

If Hu waited for the end of corruption before leading people to higher morality, then nothing would ever be accomplished.  It will be the hypocrisy of the leaders compared to the values of the led which will eventually cause reform.

I talked this week with a woman who said her boss would not hear her legitimate complaints about the workplace because it would be a "conflict of interest."  Conflict of interest is a term often used with ethics violations.  So her boss refused to help because it would be unethical, but the truth is that he  didn't want to.  So you see, people can just as easily use reform to harm others as they can use corruption to harm others.

Anti-corruption efforts fuelled in moral righteousness are usually just new people seeking to become a part of the corruption.  Is it worse to have a politician who claims to be honest and is corrupt, or for a politician to be a little dirty and responsive?

龙年顺顺利利

Use magic tools Report

hanlei has been deleted
Post time 2006-4-29 13:37:15 |Display all floors

plenty of praises

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-29 22:37:18 |Display all floors
our leaders always put foward so sounding slogans....does it have a impact on us ???
so often...our leaders' behaviors are contradicted with their slogans,,,
we are more apt to follow the leaders' example than statesments from them...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-5 09:50:09 |Display all floors

point

"Love China - here it is mostly vague" I do not think so, The one who loves his job and dedicates to it in the right way, that proves he loves his country.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-5 09:55:53 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mencius at 2006-4-29 04:26 AM
Does this list apply to all of China, including the CCP? Or just the ordinary Joe?

I have a feeling that it is the latter, given what officials get away with these days. Perhaps Hu should clean  ...

in my mind HU lead a good example for us:):):)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-7 02:05:17 |Display all floors

In moment like this

Make me miss Chairman Mao.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-9 12:43:32 |Display all floors
The former general secretary jiang said  the PARTY of china must go-ahead with the times which I think is a wise assertion.Differernt  periods have a differnt task..In the mao's Lei Feng sprits is  a good example for us.Steping into a new stage,we have to face the new chanllenge to lift the  life level of our citizen.withwhile someone put the ethic of our society out of insight. The president hu's list do's and dont's give ours a light  way

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.