Views: 2720|Replies: 7

What makes a company good to work for... [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-3-14 07:44:14 |Display all floors
What makes a company good to work for...

Basically, what requirements or desires do you have of your employer?  

Are any of them being met?  

If so, list them.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-14 10:17:44 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mikeghet at 2006-3-14 07:44
What makes a company good to work for...

Basically, what requirements or desires do you have of your employer?  

Are any of them being met?  

If so, list them.

I am not very experienced in working field. I just worked in one company and now still working here. Here is my little opinion.

Wait...will post my opinion here later

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-14 23:48:49 |Display all floors

romantically

first  a good leader ,second must be the united spirit of everybody in the company,
third create nicer culture of the company, this is not so easy to do !!!!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-15 00:22:03 |Display all floors
the company should have a good opportunity of development,even now it is not a huge comany......
and the comany could apply u more for ur own developing

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-15 03:20:22 |Display all floors

A very complex question.

There are two sides to every relationship and so it is the same with an employer and employee. I have always tried to keep an equitable balance between the company and the people who make the company what it is.
   I discovered a book written by Robert Ozaki called "Human Capitolism" and that book describes exactly how I have conducted my relationships between the organization and the workers.

One of the most important factors is the following:

Companies place the employees on the liability side of the balance sheet. The machinery, equipment and other property is placed on the asset side of the balance sheet.....
I think the employee should be placed on the asset side of the balance sheet for the following reasons....
When equipment needs repair or maintanance its is done with the future production of the equipment. The same should follow for the humans as well. The company should insure the health and welfare of the employees with the same future production in mind. Even when there are small family problems with an employee there should be some mechanism in place to help solve the problems so that the worker can continue good quality output without other things on their mind.

This should give you an idea of the many beneficial results that would follow.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-15 06:13:12 |Display all floors
So opportunity to develop from romanctically...

Workplace environment from leejee...

And being valued as an asset and not considered expendable from spiritrace....

One thing nobody has mentioned so far is the importance of facilities, such as restrooms, fitness rooms, cafeterias, game rooms, etc.  

I started a new job yesterday and they are ranked in fortune magazine's top ten best large companies to work for.  Well, I haven't been there long enough to totally agree, but so far everything has been great.

People will normally say things that matter to them are health benefits (in the US anyways), vacation time, sick time, retirement packages, etc.  But, what about the cafeteria?  You know, the room that people go to if they don't want to go somewhere off campus and where they expect to be over charged for lousy food.

Food makes people happy and the cafeteria at my job is so amazing I considerate it a benefit!  Each day of the week there are 5 different types of food served, and each day this set of 5 changes. Usually an asian, american, mexican, mediterranean, etc is prepared.  Yesterday, for instance, I had a NY strip steak and it was one of the best steaks I've ever had, along with excellent side dishes and hand made french fries....I've never heard of a cafeteria where people get a steak grilled before their eyes.  Now, lunch time is something to look forward to at this employer

Anyway, my point is company facilities are benefits that are, I think, often overlooked but on a day-to-day basis can make a considerable difference in your attitude while at work.  So, next time I apply for a job I'm definitely going to make myself aware of the company's facilities.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-15 07:39:38 |Display all floors
After my internship experience last summer, all I can ask for is that I never have to work for a boss like that one! *shudder*

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.