Author: voltaire

China's Soul [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-5-13 17:00:05 |Display all floors
Err. I come back a month later and people are still discussing this. Judging from the responses it seems some people really found this offensive, which I didn't intend. Perhaps something got lost in translation? Anyways, some good responses at least. I talked with some other people with this and I'm starting to get an idea of it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-15 21:32:50 |Display all floors
What is the China' Soul?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-25 17:41:12 |Display all floors

What is the soul of the United States?

so what is the soul of the U.S.?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-26 08:26:21 |Display all floors

Let Volt answer this

"One question that I've never been able to answer, is what exactly is the soul of china these days.
America has democracy, and to a lesser extent religion. We obsess over it, discuss it constantly,
and generally try to shape our society based on it. China had communism. But now the country is
in such a rapid transition that it doesn't seem to have any unifying principle. What does everybody
think will emerge as China's new ideal? Will it simply be "work hard and get rich"? "

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-26 08:37:37 |Display all floors

Like I Said Before

Most  Chinese know exactly what it is to be Chinese.  5,000 years of history does not dissipate that easily.  China's soul is being spread thorughout the world through cultural programs such as the Confucius Institutes.  

Besides, work hard and get rich is a good thing.  It is much better than a nation that believes only in entitlements and getting laid.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-26 08:46:30 |Display all floors

UH OH

"China's soul is being spread thorughout the world"

Please tell me....it is not the Chinese soul in Africa. Tell me this is just a fluke and not
what the Chinese soul really looks like. We will send in an exorcist for the Chinese soul
in Africa.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-26 08:53:10 |Display all floors

China is the Most Welcomed Nation in Africa

Better than America, better than any of the EU folks, better than India, better than Russia, better than Japan.  

When China commits to help, the infrastructure would start construction in two weeks, and be done by the end of the year.  If the natives have to deal with G8 countries, at the end of the year they would still be in meetings. It is clear which benefits the natives the most and is the most timely.

China's help is "ji xi yu" (timely rain) that nourishes the parched African soil.  Chinese goods, of good quality and are well priced, bring untold joys and enrichment to the natives every single day.  

Now beyond material goods and infrastructure, China is also sharing her soul, by exporting Confucius Institutes.  The African natives find this to be much more comforting than the fake culture that is Hollywood, which is so blindly and stubbonly racist (how do you think an African native feels when he or she sees how blacks are depicted in American "art"?) it is not even funny.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.