Views: 1677|Replies: 4

Could someone give me some suggestion on working ? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-3-8 22:05:11 |Display all floors
Dear Friends,

I am working in this field of logistic for nearly two years after my graduated.At the beginning of this job, I felt new,felt it's real interesting,although work for logistic is very very busy,nearly overtime work everyday,even need to work until very lateat night ,becasue I am a freshman for this field,I willing spend time to work ,to learn.However,with the time goes by, I realize,this is not a stable job for long.I felt tired now ,say nothing of  it's hard to work in there after I aged above 40... I don't know if it's so late for me to decide to change my job? I thought maybe I could choose another fields such as trading ? express? this field have some similar to logtistic. I am hesitating,due to I don't touch another fields...

Could someone give me some suggestion ? I realy puzzled  on this .
       Thank you if  you could help me !!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-8 22:52:32 |Display all floors

Reply #1 littleorchid's post

I have heard about working in logistics companies where the hours are often long and irregular.

If you are unhappy and think the long hours are taking a toll on you, then I think you should switch line and do something else.  As to what your new line will be, it will all depend on you.

You should act decisively and not think if it was too late to change.  If, however, you decide to change you must be prepared to embrace not just the good (relieved of your old dreary job) but also the bad, e.g. cut in pay and learning the ropes all over again.

So consider what you want and health reason is certainly worth a try to go for a change.

Good luck

---
Whampoa

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-9 00:03:01 |Display all floors
I just can say good luck,but I don't know much about your job and you situation,so I'd better keep silent.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-9 00:30:58 |Display all floors
Originally posted by littleorchid at 3-8-2006 22:05
Dear Friends,

I am working in this field of logistic for nearly two years after my graduated.At the beginning of this job, I felt new,felt it's real interesting,although work for logist ...

yeah, change your field if it is practicle in terms on financial stability, etc.

I'm doing the same myself.

good luck!!!  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-9 01:37:28 |Display all floors

How old are you?

If you are 20 or 22 do you still expect to be doing the same job 20 years from now?  I would think you would want to move up into management and even look into starting your own company.
   If you think you will be doing the same job 20 years from now you should go to where you have more opportunity to advance into higher pay positions.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.