Views: 2736|Replies: 6

Is abortion legal in China? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-3-7 19:56:50 |Display all floors
Should or should it not be?

In South Dakota, USA the governor recently signed into law that it's illegal to have an abortion unless the woman's life is in danger.

What about victims of rape???

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-7 20:20:57 |Display all floors
I read these reports too. In China,abortion is legal ,it is common.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-7 21:10:04 |Display all floors

legal

Some reports said:"There are quite a few young girls doing it ."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-7 21:21:00 |Display all floors
I would almost say that abortion is mandatory in China... unless you wanna pay up three years of your income for that extra baby.
瑞典人,活着为中国娃娃而死。汉学家、工程师、摄影师、网页设计师等等。爱好:政治、历史、科技、文化等。王菲迷。自由主义者。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-7 21:30:21 |Display all floors
it is legal in China,but you are not allowed to do it just fotr the gender of the baby,althought still some people do it when they get know the gender of the baby by an illegal way,
in fact ,i don't know if it is right to do this,but we all know so many little middle school girls were ever pregnant ,what a phenomenon it is !!!!!!if the law passed in China,maybe the ratio would be decressed!!!
but for the victims of rape,the married woman who don't want the child for some reason.what should they do ?????

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-8 03:05:05 |Display all floors
Originally posted by linfangv at 3-7-2006 21:30
it is legal in China,but you are not allowed to do it just fotr the gender of the baby,althought still some people do it when they get know the gender of the baby by an illegal way,
in fact ,i don ...

what should they do if they are raped???

well, the way i see it is that you either beleive it can be done for any reason, or no reason is good enough.  How can you say it is ok to kill a baby but only under certain situations (excluding death to mother)??  

so, like the hypocrite i am, i'd say it's immoral to kill babies, but a woman should have the right if they are raped.

it doesn't seem appropriate to kill babies for population control...  but, morals are subjective so whatevers.

[ Last edited by mikeghet at 2006-3-8 03:06 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-8 09:18:24 |Display all floors
It is pretty draconian, but what else are you going to do? After the population explosion during Mao's reign, pure propaganda wasn't good enough. I think they'd allow people to abort under any circumstances, but knowing the strong son preference, especially in the countryside, they don't want people aborting because they're going to have a daughter instead. If the woman is raped, I don't think that changes anything--you can still get an abortion.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.