Views: 3860|Replies: 2

Rebroadcast of the 78th annual Academy Awards Ceremony- A Nightmare [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-3-7 08:49:26 |Display all floors
Did  you watch the rebroadcast of the 78th annual Academy Awards ceremony  yesterday? I did, from 10:00am to 2:00pm. I'd like to share my views with friends here.

Happy----  I'm happy for Ang Lee. He finally won the Best Director Award as most people expected.

Regretful---- Brokeback Mountain failed in the Best Picture award.

Unbeareable---- The female translator for the rebroadcast is so Excellent that she translated male into female, translated women into "fu nv ". You have no idea  what  she was talking about. She couldn't translate one sentence that really makes sense.   What most hurt is that she couldn't even translate Ang Lee into Li An. Oh, my god, I shall say no more, otherwise I will have a  heartattack. Go to www.m1905.com, see for yourself, tons of furious and disappointing people there.

I"ll quote one of the comments there to end this post, " we should record the female translator's translation as the alarm ring. It's a NIGHTMARE, which will surely wake you up."

[ Last edited by warmsmile at 2006-3-9 01:50 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-7 09:08:47 |Display all floors
I don't deny simultaneous translation is a hard work. But the female translator's translation only put shame on CCTV and frustrates most chinese.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-8 13:15:04 |Display all floors
Seems no one watched the rebroadcast on CCTV6.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.