Author: tonyabc

The US in my mind [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-3-20 15:40:09 |Display all floors

civilization&conflict

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-20 16:38:18 |Display all floors

great agricultural country

Be honest with you,in my opinion the United States of America is a great and wonderful country for decent  and hard working people like us Chinese to live and in many ways is the second largest-agricultural  country in the world ( I have no idea of India,since I've never been  there and thought of it). Remember though, just  because America is a great country doesn't mean that every American including some guys here in CD is great too and can bully around for reasons like national security,peddling the democracy which is exclusively american.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-21 07:11:42 |Display all floors
TO: YUKIN8512

Your  comments seem sensible. I wish you and your family the best of life.

I am very interested how China will change politically . I think right now China has alot going  for it.  Not too soft or hard but just right. Economic progress will really stress that balance. What do you think?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-21 08:53:02 |Display all floors

Most Chinese like Americans: poll

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2006-03/20/content_4320738.htm 2006-03-20 08:27:52

2006-03-20 08:27:52

BEIJING, March 20 -- Two in three Chinese generally like Americans while one in five dislikes them, according to a recent poll.

Those who liked Americans but not particularly and those who like them made up 66 per cent, while 20.9 per cent disliked them and 13 per cent were not sure. Also, about 70 per cent were satisfied with Sino-US relations.

The survey was conducted by the Global Times a publication of leading Chinese newspaper People's Daily in Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Chongqing and Wuhan by random house-to-house interviews in February. It collected valid samples from 1,175 people.

Nearly half the respondents regard the United States as a friendly country, an example to emulate and a partner 10.4 per cent, 11.7 per cent and 25.6 per cent respectively.

However, the US is still seen as a rival by half as 49.2 per cent believe it is a competitor.

About three in five said "yes" to whether the United States is striving to contain China, and the same number believe that the Taiwan question would shape Sino-US relations.

Most interviewees had a positive attitude towards Sino-US trade ties, with two in three saying it stimulated China's economic progress and half believing it promoted reforms in China.

About half the respondents did not discriminate against American products and another 25 per cent who like made-in-US products said they believed trade benefits two countries.

And how did they form their opinions about the United States?

About 63 per cent through mass media and 21 per cent from American movies, with only 4 per cent through direct contact with Americans.

(Source: China Daily)

Related Story

[ Last edited by broken_heart at 2006-3-21 08:59 AM ]
200507061134bfca.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-21 15:57:08 |Display all floors
Originally posted by windpower at 2006-3-21 07:11
TO: YUKIN8512

Your  comments seem sensible. I wish you and your family the best of life.

I am very interested how China will change politically . I think right now China has alot going   ...

thank you for your kind wods.

I just don't want to kill the thread going on right now by changing the topic to "China in my heart" from " theUS in my mind".
I just don't mean to disappoint you by not answering the quetion you broght to me ,even though  my answer may well be different than that of what  you may expect.
Here is what really  shocked me that just less than two hours ago,TWO 790kabc callers, yelling and screaming on the air,threatened to eliminate every single one that think differently than americans by overwhelmingly bombing them. Mr.Al Rentel,the host of the show, just said that it's difficult to do so... and the screeners of 790kabc remain silent. How humiliating it is for mankind to stand up to this.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-21 16:23:46 |Display all floors

Really?

"TWO 790kabc callers, yelling and screaming on the air,threatened to eliminate
every single one that think differently than americans by overwhelmingly bombing them."

Are you sure they said "think differently"? We do not in the USA threaten anyone usually
that thinks differently. If it is a peaceable protest, without violent action, everyone can
have their say.

It is a sensitive time because of the terrorists killing our young men. We have good
intentions in Iraq and we hope that someday they can stand on their own two feet and
walk as a free and Democratic country in the world.

If everyone in the world could use the Vote instead of using bullets....the world would be
a whole lot nicer.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-21 16:55:26 |Display all floors

Reply #55 iluv2fish's post

they got recordings,just call 1-800-222-kabc.there was another caller calling in to protest against what the two idots were saying minute or two before the the time was up...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.