Views: 48516|Replies: 170

marriage, Is it a duty for us? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-2-22 08:48:48 |Display all floors
I have no happy felling during this spring festival holiday. mother is pushing me to find boyfriend and get marriage every day.  so upset!!!  However, my colleague's situation are much more worst than me...
She said:" my mother , with the help of the matchmaker,  make a full schedule for my holiday;  at least 10 male come to visit my home during this holiday. some of the boy said they don't want to come to. but their parents is giving pressure on their marriage. so they has to ..."
Maybe my mother will arrange such kind of meeting for me soon  too...? how can we get rid of it? must i get marriage soon because i am reach the age of 24?

[ Last edited by piraeus at 2006-2-22 08:50 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-22 10:56:34 |Display all floors

In my view, marriage is no longer a duty for a woman.

It is your decision....and don't do it when you are not ready. You have more to achieve in your life.....marriage is only one of the many achievements that you will accomplish....it is entirely up to you....I believe you are a strong person....24 is still young....you don't get marry  just because you reached 24....when you meet the right person, your heart will tell you loud and clear....but make sure give yourself plenty of oppertunity to meet that person.....do go out and meet people often...otherwise how can you meet that person?....he is not going to show up from nowhere!:):)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-22 10:56:42 |Display all floors
Take it easy. If you mother arranges such meetings for you, just go. No harm to meet new friends or protential husband.
Vision without action is illusion---Y.J.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-22 11:39:13 |Display all floors
This is why a person needs to move out of the parents house after 18. You don't have to deal with as much BS after you move to a different city, state, province, country, etc.
"扶摇万重兮,
放我麒麟冲荡。
清清渭水兮,
舞我手中霓裳。 "

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-22 12:03:19 |Display all floors
what??    just 24??
    tell your mum , be patient , you are still young, my sister get married on her 28!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-22 18:57:54 |Display all floors
That is right.You are just 24,there is no need to hurry up. Take it easy until you find someone you are really in love with.
My brother didn't get married until he was 30 last year,and his bride was 29 years old.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-22 22:43:04 |Display all floors

As long as you are in control, no harm to play along

with your mother's wishes (only if you have nothing else better to do)....if you have other things to do, do the things that you enjoy most.:)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.