Views: 6454|Replies: 14

What do you think of Vietnamese youth [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-2-21 17:15:04 |Display all floors
Viet Nam and China are neighbourhood countries. What do you think of Vietnamese youth? are they active, creative..?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-21 17:33:26 |Display all floors

Welcome

Welcome, swnnew

As far as I Know, Vietnamese youth are very intelligent, and a little proud, they try hard to be the best. Vietnam made great achievenments  in the reform and opening-up policies. I believe Sino-Vietnam relations could be better and better.

As a Chinese, I am also curious about what's vietnamese's impression on China and Chinese people. It seems that vietnamese dislike China, or a little afraid of China rising, so vietnam choose to depend on US to banlance. Am I get the point ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-22 11:09:38 |Display all floors
Vietnamese youth heard that.. Chinese Youth is being  effected by  Westside culture. What do you think?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-22 16:02:02 |Display all floors
To some extent, you are right. Chinese Youth never really resist the influence of different culture. For example, Chinese Youth love to celebrate Chrismas although most of them konw nothing of the origin of Chrismas. A majority of us do not seriously think we should preserve the traditional culture.

It's hard to imagine, right? Although China has history of 5000 years, current Chinese don't really care about tradition. We often complain about it.

But I am  optimistic. Although being  invaded and broken up in history for many times, Chinese always have the ability to reunify again and again, for Chinese have  comprehensive minds to accept the different cultures. Chinese characters could be infulenced by differenc cultue, but we are still nothing but Chinese.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-23 11:38:40 |Display all floors

Reply #1 svvnnew's post

vietnamese people are tough and intelligent....
but many years of war......
and monolithic ideology....
and then American trade embargo.....

has made Vietnam very very very poor.....
its only chance is assembly business......
the population of Vietname is far too large...some 90 million people....wow!

i place my bets on Mekong Delta and Hanoi region....
infrastructure is needed....
Vietnam youth must learn Mandarin, English and maybe some Cantonese as its neghbouring centers have Cantonese mother tongue....(ha ha Vietnamese language has many similar sounding to Cantonese...ha ha ha)

Vietnamese youth need to learn as apperentice from skill workers....
Vietnamese people need to learn to be subcontractors.....
Vietnamese government need to build up the infrastructure.....

Vietnamese people need to trade with the NEW MIDDLE KINGDOM....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-23 23:58:42 |Display all floors
I think Vietnamese youths are hardworking and determined and I admire them greatly for it. They will go very far if given the chance.

On the being affected by Western culture, I think it's something you cannot avoid. But it's nice since it tears down barriers of prejudice among people. On the other hand, I believe it's important to keep the old traditions alive because those traditions makes us, Chinese.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-9 09:16:56 |Display all floors
There is a sad thing about the country...it has no script of their own! Why can't the Vietnamese create a script similar to Laotian and Kampuchean?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.