Views: 26215|Replies: 82

What would you do if you had five million dollars ? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-2-17 09:46:39 |Display all floors
Dear friends:

I use subjunctive mood for my question because I know that those who do have five million dollars are sure not to come to this forum .  Give your answers to the question: What would you do if you had five million dollars ?  It doesn't matter how long your answers will be.  Thanks

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-17 10:40:45 |Display all floors

Ahh, thanks for the dream..... (you said it could be long)

First I would pay off my student loans, my other bills, and my family's bills.
I would pay off my parent's house, my sister's house, and my cousin's house. I would make sure all my family had decent cars and no serious debt. I would buy the most ecologically-friendly car I could (that's also practical enough to go on highways and keep up speed).

I would put away a certain amount for my son's college.

I would fix up my dad's old house so it is nice enough for him to rent out. With the rent income and his house paid off, he wouldn't have to worry about money anymore.

I would take a vacation to China for a few weeks while I contemplate what to do with the rest.

I would buy a house near my family in the US, and an apartment in Beijing. When I am not staying in Beijing, I would let my Chinese friends stay there when they want to visit Beijing, so it would not be empty. I would let my brother live in the US house all the time, and when I am there I would just have to deal with it.

I would then get out in the world a bit more to see how I could possibly help others besides my own family. One thing I've imagined is to have a big HUGE house where several families could live. They would be single moms who are trying to go to school but cannot live with their parents for some reason. They could all take turns cleaning house & babysitting each other's kids, so that normal household chores would be easy. Maybe they would pay the utilities and phone bill, or just phone bill - yes, I would pay for heat & hot water, they could share the electric bill and pay for their own phones. There would be a big fenced in yard with a playground for the children. The women would have a safe place to live, with others in a similar situation so they could help each other. When they finish school, they can stay a little longer while they find a job and save money for their first apartment.

I would also get more education for myself and whoever in my family wants it.

And I would take fun classes like kungfu, taiji sword, and calligraphy and ..... maybe I should take a class on how to manage money.  

Oh, and I should probably buy some new clothes.

Oh, and I would eat healthy organic food all the time - even when I wanted chocolate, I would eat organic chocolate!

And maybe start a CSA  - a community garden where people share the work and share the food, organic of course.

I would also travel a little bit - One of my first stops would be the Grand Canyon, oh, and Portland Oregon to see my very best friend, OH!! And help him start his school that he wants to start!!!! He would have his little shop, finally!!! It wouldn't even cost much!.... And I would want to buy a book of the "36 Views of Mt Fuji", and go visit as many of the views as I could, and stand in the same places Hokusai stood when he painted them, looking at the book at the same time.
And visit lots of China, and some other countries, but no hurry for all that.
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-17 10:46:48 |Display all floors

travel all around

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-17 13:29:02 |Display all floors
I would buy a new house, not too big, but big enough
I would buy one or two cars.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-18 09:58:13 |Display all floors
Let me see who in 11 C & B will give me the first satisfying answer ! :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-18 11:00:21 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-18 11:20:44 |Display all floors
What do you mean "in 11 C & B"?
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.