Author: tmphgt

Where is this? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-2-17 21:36:41 |Display all floors

You are ...

So, last question ...

Which one is it and why is the photo holding a subtle clue?

Google may help you :)
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-17 21:48:59 |Display all floors
I would basically be flipping a coin...

But Oxford?

And as for the subtle clue, not really sure. That circular thing is either a clock or the Oxford emblem.... ?

Put me out of my misery!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-17 21:54:29 |Display all floors

Ok ...

The winner is jonathan85 however the reason is because Oxford is "The City of Dreaming Spires" :)

The photo is a picture of one of the University Colleges ... can anyone work out which one?
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-17 22:21:07 |Display all floors

?.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-17 23:07:44 |Display all floors

It is ...

All Soul's College, Oxford University, Oxford, UK :)

More pic competitions coming soon ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-18 03:03:05 |Display all floors

Look at those steeples....

Originally posted by tmphgt at 2006-2-17 05:40
Yalong Bay - Sanya

It is the Universal Resort Hotel!!!

Ok, here is the next one ... Where is this? This should be very hard to guess - but let us see what the guesses are :)

very unique style....I have seen them somewhere....but I don't remember where!....AAAARRRRRRRRRRR!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-18 03:14:48 |Display all floors

Nicholas Hawksmoor

I believe that this man was the architect :)

"Also unlike his peers, Hawksmoor made his name with church and university architecture rather than building houses for the wealthy. All Soul's College, Oxford, (1716-35) is probably his finest University work. There he built the exterior of a new Hall and Library in Gothic style to blend harmoniously with the surviving medieval buildings, but the interiors were pure classical form. Perhaps it was Hawksmoor's graceful pinnacled towers that prompted the "dreaming spires" poem?"

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.