Author: chinadaily

New photos of Abu Ghraib abuse surface [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-5-20 07:31:35 |Display all floors

Lets give America the benifit of the doubt!

I counted only 19 pictures of abuse from American soldiers out of hundreds of prisoners captured . I conclude that these" poor "19 people have a lot to do with terrorism against America and know information that can prevent future terrorism against America . Can someone tell me with a strait face that if China was attacked by terrorists and captured hundreds of possible instigators  that China would not do the same thing or worse to get vital information ? Please give me a break !!! case closed!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-20 07:47:45 |Display all floors
Originally posted by northwest at 2007-5-20 03:37
The hypocrisy of Australian legal system. Old news? Old news!

[quote]
QUOTE:
Child killer case in jeopardy
By Steve Gee
May 17, 2007 12:00

[/quote]

Oh goody, some "new" news.

Totally and utterly irrelevant, but at least it's "new" news.

Well done Northwest.
Elephant stamp for the idiot down the back of the class who has learned to cut and paste.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-20 08:45:43 |Display all floors

A dog's dinner.

# 57 Reply to frothow,

Yes I can. China does not torture prisoners and do not kill POWs BEFORE they are ajudged of their crimes.

On the US side,you need only to look at the total " non combatant enemies " imprisoned in Guatanamo Bay to work this out . Tens of them have been released without trials . They were released purely on political pressure from Blair for example . Do we ever get to know if they were " dangerous terrorists " or not ? Many have been tortured to death and we are none the wiser as to their guilt either . The ones who are still there are also " the most dangerous terrorists  " who ever roamed the earth !  How do the Yanks know that , without a trial ? Do Americans have X-ray visions and psyche powers ? The humbug , the hiss and the hypocrisy !!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-20 08:53:40 |Display all floors
"Many have been tortured to death" - I believe you may be mixing up the Guantanamo Bay detention system with the Abu Ghraib scandal. I have seen no evidence (to date) of anyone being tortured to death at Guantanamo Bay.

[ Last edited by irishinuk at 2007-5-20 08:55 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-20 09:03:37 |Display all floors

Reply #59 mengzhi's post

Oh realy China doesnt torture prisoners ? and how might i ask do you know that? Unless you are privy to the Chinese government ( not the Chinese news) but the inner workings of your government you can not state such a claim and you know it . Your statement shows you are just as gullible as any American that claims its government rejects any form of "strong interrogation techniques" please dont regurgitate
your governments propaganda to me . Are you realy that stupid? do yourself a favor and not respond at all if thats all you can come up with.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-20 11:28:46 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengzhi at 2007-5-20 10:45
# 57 Reply to frothow,
Yes I can. China does not torture prisoners .....

http://www.chinaembassy.org.in/eng/zgbd/t204142.htm
BEIJING, July 18 (Xinhuanet)-- Top legislature has put the revision of  the Criminal Procedural Law into its five-year legislation plan to prevent and control the widespread use of torture to extort confessions.
Hou Zongbin, director of the Committee of the Internal and Judicial Affairs of the NPC said in his report that the most severe problem he found in his study of the implementation of the law in six provinces is the use of torture to extract confessions. He said Chinese courts have often reached verdicts heavily influenced by the testimony of the accused. Policemen were therefore prone to extort confessions through torture in order to improve their rate of criminal case solutions.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sectio ... p;objectid=10126089
China condemns confessions extracted by torture
Email this storyPrint this story 12:00AM Wednesday May 18, 2005

BEIJING - China will crack down on the police practice of forcing confessions through torture, state media said yesterday, following the high-profile case of a man jailed for 11 years wrongly accused of murdering his wife.

Yet again, Mengzhi is proven WRONG.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-20 12:33:50 |Display all floors
Originally posted by emucentral at 2007-5-20 07:47
Totally and utterly irrelevant, but at least it's "new" news. ...

Yeah, at least we agree you're wrong.
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.