Author: chinadaily

New photos of Abu Ghraib abuse surface [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-5-19 15:43:01 |Display all floors
cyberspook is enploying the oldest trick in the book of denials . When cornered plead that the other side could be worse !!

Confucius said " The opposite to ' bad ' is not ' good ' but  ' better '  " . Simply claiming to be less bad ( no substantiation at all ) is not the message the world were sold on  ie  to " deliver democracy, liberty and justice " to that part of the world.

The apologists need to get together and craft some new and untried slipping and sliding techniques.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-19 18:52:35 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-19 19:38:27 |Display all floors

Reminders of Shame

It is indeed unfortunate that someone on this forum has cited "Latest or Recent Released Pictures" of American Shame. I wonder just how that same individual would feel if I were to drum up some of Mao's Political Executions. The pictures released on this forum are over 3 years old and certainly not NEW !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-19 20:24:26 |Display all floors

Sins catching up .

Dear convair,

Again this antiquated method of tit-for-tat retaliation is not going to work. It is better to address the current problem in Iraq ( still very much a going concern ) against raking up something in the 60s to gag debate. This , in psychiatry, is called rationalisation and blame-everyone else-but-me syndrome. The chickens are coming home to roost , one would have to say.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-19 22:19:59 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengzhi at 2007-5-19 22:24
It is better to address the current problem in Iraq ( still very much a going concern ) against raking up something in the 60s to gag debate. This , in psychiatry, is called rationalisation and blame-everyone else-but-me syndrome. ...

Well said, Mengzhi.

Now can you remember what you said, and pass it on to your little mate Northwest, and keep that in mind before you embark on another distraction dragging up and exaggerating old news of things which happened in the west, when challenged with answering a difficult subject about today's China?
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-20 01:37:33 |Display all floors

Again, scolding behind my back

Originally posted by emucentral at 2007-5-19 22:19
exaggerating old news (?!)of things which happened in the west,...

The hypocrisy of Australian legal system. Old news? Old news!

Child killer case in jeopardy
By Steve Gee

May 17, 2007 12:00

A KEY interview with the accused killer of a school girl who was raped and strangled in a shopping centre toilet could be barred from court because the suspect was not offered a lawyer.

Legal representatives for Dante Wyndham-Arthurs, 22, who has pleaded not guilty to killing eight-year-old Sophia Rodriguez, claim the video is inadmissable and should not be shown to a jury because detectives ignored his request for a solicitor.

Defence lawyers are expected to challenge the legality of the interview when the case returns to the Supreme Court later this year, according to The Australian newspaper.

It is the second time a case against Wyndham-Arthurs has been jeopardised by questionable techniques.

The part-time shop worker was arrested in June last year, 24 hours after Sophia was raped and strangled inside a disabled toilet while shopping with her family.

In 2003, Wyndham-Arthurs was charged after attempting to strangle an eight-year-old girl during a sex attack in a park.

However, the case was dropped after concerns were raised about bullying by police during an interview with the then 18-year-old.

[ Last edited by northwest at 2007-5-20 01:38 AM ]
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-20 04:31:51 |Display all floors
Originally posted by convair1948 at 2007-5-19 19:38
It is indeed unfortunate that someone on this forum has cited "Latest or Recent Released Pictures" of American Shame. I wonder just how that same individual would feel if I were to drum u ...

You would like to forget it wouldn't you? Is the subject taboo?

Just posting the pictures would not have given the matter closure. That was not the object of the post. You can see that the article is only a few days old (Friday, May. 18, 2007). Therefore, it is a current topic of conversation.

The objective was to explore what happened and the lessons that should be learned. If you read it, it seems to suggest that the person in charge was under a lot of stress which passed down the chain of command thereby affecting everyone. Well, that is my interpretation of the article.

BTW Do you Americans have any feelings for other humans? Your post is typical of ALL American posts I have seen on the matter. No remorse, whatsoever. Only excuses and then lashing out at everyone else for raising the subject. Are you people human beings?

[ Last edited by changabula at 2007-5-20 04:36 AM ]
I am Chinese and Proud of it!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.