Author: evapapa

a proper gift for a chinese family [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-2-9 16:28:33 |Display all floors
Hi evapapa,

Perhaps you may get some fruits to the family when you visit them. And if there's a kid in the family, toys or
candies are also a good choice. :)

Regards
Vanessa

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-9 19:04:34 |Display all floors

what about

thanks what about clothes for the boy?will the parents be happy with things coming from europe?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-9 19:50:20 |Display all floors
for the boy...how about special s$$ps( s t a m p s) and first day issued envelopes from your country ...something very light but educational and worth to keep or pass to next generation.

If I were the boy, I won't mind to receive some s t a m p books from flea market..old and rare

[ Last edited by amyamy at 2006-2-9 07:53 PM ]
Vision without action is illusion---Y.J.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-9 21:59:31 |Display all floors
Anything good for health i think.
We always sent fruits to close friends. Sometimes we do not  sent anything.  If u sent a costly gift, the meaning is very complcated,  They will think  u want to get some benefits  from them, or anything else such as wanna help. So It judge by the status

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-9 22:39:37 |Display all floors
If you know that more info. abt  couple. eg. age, job, hobby...

You can present perfume for the lady if she is not too old. Hmm, I don't think most Chinese old ladies use it but the young will enjoy it.

Hm, for the man...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-10 06:07:01 |Display all floors
My tutor's family invited me to stay with them for a few days after the Chinese New Year last year. I had my parents send me some high-quality chocolates from home (there is a company in my state that is known for this) to express my thanks, and I think it was a good gift. Try to think of something that's unique to where you're from. If you want to do clothing items, think of things like maybe mittens that aren't too size-specific and are useful.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-10 09:57:53 |Display all floors

to evapapa

Hi eva,

I think your idea is a good one. But first you need to know the size of the boy. :)

They'll like the gift from you.  

Vanessa

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.