Views: 8183|Replies: 20

do chinese kiss one another when they meet [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-2-8 07:15:51 |Display all floors
i am wondering if kissing my chinese friends will be accepted in china

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-10 13:28:43 |Display all floors

it depends

Hi evapapa,

Well, Chinese people do not kiss each other when they meet.

If he/she is young or open-minded, it will be ok. No problem at all.
While if he/she is a little bit old or conservative, then perhaps your kiss will make your Chinese friend feel not so good.

Vanessa

[ Last edited by vanessalrm at 2006-2-10 01:31 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-10 16:13:56 |Display all floors
Pls don't do that, evapapa, Chinese is not acustomed to kiss each other. Even a hug will be weird when you two are not very familiar.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-10 17:19:22 |Display all floors

object

Don't kiss or make a hug unless you two are lonely.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-10 18:24:34 |Display all floors

shaking hands, smiling

if you are just wanna represent your courtesy to the guys you meet somewhere, no matter he/ she is easy-going or introverted, young or old. shaking hands with a sweet smile first is the permanent right way for everyone from each corner in the wold. step two, it all depends, that is a question, you must judge by yourself. but dont worried too much, people are able to understand quickly and expeditiously even if you did something weird because they know you have different background which leads to culture.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-10 18:35:44 |Display all floors

Agreed

Both of my children gave a big hug to an aged wife an older Chinese higher governmental official at their first meeting -- it was spontaneous from both of them, I hadn't thought much about it since then and until now, but I reckon she represented to them the grandmothers they had just recently lost.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-10 19:02:45 |Display all floors
I am wondering your nationality. upon my knowledge, only French people are kissing goodbye or say hello to each other. in france, you may not hesitate to hug and kiss your friends, but in china you are never allowed to kiss a friend unless he/she agrees.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.