Author: tianyuanedu

Should China ban smoking in public places where minors might be present? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-2-16 07:45:24 |Display all floors

of course we need "smoking dens"

where smokers are able to relax, have a drink, have a smoke
Everlasting...Creative...Inspirational

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-16 16:32:42 |Display all floors
Originally posted by pinko7 at 2006-2-16 07:45
where smokers are able to relax, have a drink, have a smoke

Excellent, we have agreement.  I was thinking of putting a small one near every major intersection, just big enough for a large person to fit in comfortably, close the door behind him, and puff up.  And then close the door behind him when he's finished smoking and leaves.
四海之内皆兄弟
-孔子

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-16 16:34:59 |Display all floors

Reply #58 tianyuanedu's post

You must give him a small tube connected to Oxygen too.
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-16 19:40:19 |Display all floors

errrr

i was thinking more along the lines of a "den" where many smokers could sit together and relax
Everlasting...Creative...Inspirational

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-17 10:17:52 |Display all floors

it maybe give partly greedy governor excuse to fine

I think China government should have lots of things to do, and there are many bans in China, it isn’t necessary to issue a ban on smoking in public place.  Now I hardly see the people smoking in public place just with a warning label “No smoking”. The effect of the ban without effective supervision is equal to a warning label. And if the ban is issued, the government maybe establishes a special department to take charge of the relevant affairs, and it just gives the partly greedy governor an excuse to fine.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-17 16:59:08 |Display all floors

Good point...

Originally posted by pinko7 at 2006-2-16 19:40
i was thinking more along the lines of a "den" where many smokers could sit together and relax

... considering how many smokers in china, the den might need to be big enough to fit at least a few people, granted.  As for relaxing, they could do whatever they want in there, as long as the door is closed.
四海之内皆兄弟
-孔子

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-17 17:52:32 |Display all floors

Ban smoking in public place is an irresistable trend in the civilized world.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.