Author: tianyuanedu

Should China ban smoking in public places where minors might be present? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-2-13 19:01:36 |Display all floors

Ok ...

Why does the WHO have this statement on their website?

"Tobacco is the second major cause of death in the world. It is currently responsible for the death of one in ten adults worldwide (about 5 million deaths each year). If current smoking patterns continue, it will cause some 10 million deaths each year by 2020. Half the people that smoke today -that is about 650 million people- will eventually be killed by tobacco."

I doubt that they have a hidden agenda!!! Like I say, I have no problem with private smoking - but that idea is just not reality at the moment ...
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-13 19:08:19 |Display all floors

My Aunt's dog died of lung cancer.

And you guessed it; she was a smoker.
四海之内皆兄弟
-孔子

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-13 19:09:22 |Display all floors

Second hand smoker...

... of course.

The aunt was the first hand smoker, just to clarify
四海之内皆兄弟
-孔子

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-13 19:13:28 |Display all floors
as far as I'm concerned all the non smokers can go and get fcked.... I thoroughly enjoy blowing clouds of smoke in the direction of pregnant women, asthmatics and the elderly.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-13 19:25:46 |Display all floors

Otis ...

Your forgot children, the sick and the mentally infirm (like xiongnu)!!
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-14 09:00:41 |Display all floors

otis

that's extreme
my best mate smokes
he not only makes an effort not to smoke near above mentioned groups...he also makes an effort not to smoke where kids can see him (influence factor)...there are considerate smokers out there but if their rights get infringed to the point where they can't even smoke outside they're going to say "f this" and rebel

mr guitar
of course the who has an agenda!...what makes you think they don't? as a health organisation they have as much of an agenda as a tobacco union
Everlasting...Creative...Inspirational

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-15 09:35:49 |Display all floors

my opinion

i think people shouldnt smoke in public when someone around you! but they may smoke when no one around!cause we have to understand thouse addicted one!when they really want to smoke,they have to walk to a corner or somewhere no one around!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.