Views: 28869|Replies: 120

Should China ban smoking in public places where minors might be present? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-2-7 16:03:08 |Display all floors
Your thoughts?
四海之内皆兄弟
-孔子

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-7 17:38:58 |Display all floors

Yes!

I don't even need to debate it ... The rights of non-smokers should be recognised.
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-7 17:43:16 |Display all floors

hoho

ppl who smoke, they are killing themselves...when they smoke beside others, they are killing others too...

i dont want to die...
Life goes on!!!!!!!  ----  I am what I am!!!!!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-7 17:55:30 |Display all floors
I think so too.
But almost they couldn't beeb persuaded easily by anyone.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-7 18:24:02 |Display all floors

How about fines for the perpetrators...

helps government revenue, no?
四海之内皆兄弟
-孔子

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-7 18:47:09 |Display all floors

Original post: minors?

Not just minors ... ban smoking in all public places - it affects everyone.

I also agree that fines should be imposed, however we should also educate not just punish: place greater emphasis on the health dangers of smoking.
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-7 18:54:51 |Display all floors

Agreed on the education part.

Originally posted by tmphgt at 2006-2-7 18:47
Not just minors ... ban smoking in all public places - it affects everyone.

I also agree that fines should be imposed, however we should also educate not just punish: place greater emphasis on t ...

But as for banning smoking altogether overnight would probably come as a shock for most.  In Californias and many Canadian provinces, many successive laws had been passed over a period of well over a decade before reaching a complete ban.  As far as I know, tehre isn't even a law banning shops from selling cigarettes to minors here.  We'd even to start with that before we even ban smoking in the presence of minors.  I was thinking of this as more of a first step so as to give businesses and teh genral populaiton a chance adjust to it gradually. And then, once they are used to that, could we consider toughening such laws gradually over the years.

Just my thoughts.
四海之内皆兄弟
-孔子

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.