Views: 9332|Replies: 20

Never Nasty [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-2-5 02:25:50 |Display all floors
I never think of any Chinese who would  use "nasty" to  define our beautiful  traditional custom.
Burning firecrackers is only  one of the conventions when we celebrate auspicious  events.

Imagine,if we spend the Spring Festival without the sound of firecrackers,that would be a disaster,
cuz  that means we lose our own Chinese New Year forever.

We r in the process of evolution,but it doesn't means we must assimilate all the western stuff to push forward the civilization.We have our own features.Burning firecrackers is one of it,and we should preserve it in a proper  way instead of perish it.

I

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-5 03:08:53 |Display all floors

I love fireworks...

and I don't try any risky stuff with firecrackers and fireworks....safety is always #1 for me....I don't aim my Roman candle at people, animals or buildings.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-6 13:22:41 |Display all floors

There will always be someone who complains......

But I agree, fireworks are a great tradition and a great responsibility.......

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-6 20:21:19 |Display all floors
there'r got tremendous reasons since firework has existed for thousands of year

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-6 20:42:25 |Display all floors

good luck to the sweepers all over china

Life goes on!!!!!!!  ----  I am what I am!!!!!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-7 15:01:17 |Display all floors
I remember reading a book set in china (I think it was called portrait of a people) in which the author described witnessing a mock battle where people stood at either end of a street shooting fire works at each other. occasionally someone would be brave/foolish enough to ride a bycicle down the street, instantly becoming everyones target.
sounds like good fun!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-7 15:06:17 |Display all floors

wow...

hehe, when i was a kid, my cousin and i used to hide in some corners of the street and throw firecrackers to the ppl passed by.   also, we threw firecrackers from the balcony of the apartment to shock the ppl passed by.  

i guess most of the kids did the same thing as we did.

[ Last edited by harriett at 2006-2-7 03:10 PM ]
Life goes on!!!!!!!  ----  I am what I am!!!!!!!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.