Views: 8216|Replies: 9

What do you think about travel fare in China? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-1-18 00:18:00 |Display all floors
I think the travel fare in China is expensive specially for students. When we have to travel, the travel fare cost a lot. If I want to travel to Chongqing from Shandong, the travel fare is more than 500 Yuan, that is really expensive for students .:)

WHat do you think about this?:)
its life!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-18 01:59:29 |Display all floors

I don't count as £--->RMB exchange rate is excellent

I'm lucky, but certainly fares are not cheap for Chinese like students. On long journies they can't easily afford a bunk, so it's a bit harsh. Then again one can't just make seats cheaper because someone is a bit poor.

Perhaps a series of railcards that give an annual/multiple-annual discount on all travel for a one-time fee might be an idea. If you travel by rail a lot you could save a great deal of money that way. Plus the companies won't lose out, as it will encourage people to travel by train (especially as budget air travel becomes more of a reality in China) and they make a quick profit from selling the railcards.

[ Last edited by mencius at 2006-1-17 06:02 PM ]
"People are the water, the ruler is the boat; water can carry the boat, but it can also capsize it."

-- Li Shimin (2nd Tang Emperor, "Taizong")

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-18 02:14:27 |Display all floors
Maybe sometimes it's ture.
two parallels will accross some day.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-18 10:40:11 |Display all floors

oh, I feel lucky that I have chosen to stay in the hometown.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-18 11:45:30 |Display all floors
where to buy Railcard?
its life!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-19 14:43:13 |Display all floors
For ordinary people,especialy for the ordinary students,the fare  is quite high.

I always want to travel more,and I will.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-20 23:14:26 |Display all floors
how to get discount in Train Fare?
its life!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.