Author: spiritrace

HOT POT WHO LOVES IT???? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-1-23 21:31:49 |Display all floors
Originally posted by spiritrace at 2006-1-22 23:02

I want to cook something that brand new for my family,which they have never tasted of ,
  And a good idea came into my head this morning, i will be trying to make a Italian dish for them, i believe they 've never tasted of that, and i will look for it on the net of Italy.  first of all,let me try to access their net. : )
If winter comes,can spring be far behind?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-24 01:05:38 |Display all floors

Learn from my experience..... If you make something new,

They might not like it! I have done that a few times and my Chinese wife and daughter did not like what I made so I ate the same thing for a week!

Make a small mount then if they do not like it you can eat it yourself or throw it out. But if they like it, then you can go ahead and make enough for everyone.

Spaghetti and meat balls is excellent. But my wife and daughter will not eat it. If you want a recipe, let me know.....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-25 15:01:58 |Display all floors

spaghetti was nice!

it would be very nice if you could show me your recipe of that.Thank you !
and i don't gonna to make a large amount of that, just like you 've said, in case of they feel awful with that.
and i once been to Vietnam several years before,and ve eaten a decilious food there,but unfortunately ,i 'd forgotten how to make it,  couple of years' ve pasted , it's always makes me sick to recollect its making procedure.JUST recalled there's bacon in it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-26 05:22:04 |Display all floors

There are many ways to make spaghetti.

This is a basic recipe for making Spaghetti with meat sauce.

1-16 ounce ( .453 kilograms) package wheat noodles (pasta)
1-16 ounce (.453 Kilograms) ground Beef or Pork
1 1/4 cups water
1 8 ounce ( .028 ) can of tomato sauce
1/2 onion finely diced
1 Green Bell Pepper chopped
1/8 teaspoon minced Garlic
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon dried basil

Fry up the meat and then all all the ingredients except the noodles, bring mix to a boil then turn down the heat to cook slowly. Boil the noodles until they are done then drain the water. Put the noodles on a plate and add the meat sauce.

For meat balls: Put the meat into a bowl and add (to taste) oregano, garlic, parsley, an egg salt and pepper. Mix everything until well blended then roll the meat into the size balls you desire. Cook in oil for a couple minutes then add to the sauce and cook at low heat for about 10-15 minutes.

optional flavors and things you can add. Chopped hot peppers, sesame oil, celery, red bell pepper, green onion, sugar, chopped tomato, bay leaf, and of course Parmesan Cheese (grated) some Chinese people do not like the sharp taste of the sauce so you can add sugar to mellow it out. Also I can not get my Chinese wife and daughter to eat any kind of cheese.
   You can have these things on the side for each person to add what they like.

You can also add cooked shrimp, or just about anything your family likes.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-26 09:15:32 |Display all floors

THANK YOU SO MUCH! SPIRTRACE

I got it!
and i will cook it tomorrow .i think my family would be like it.
Thank you again! and HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and your family!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-26 11:55:42 |Display all floors

Sure Nuff Partner. Best of the New Year to your family.

Here is what I made tonight.. I got one piece. Our skinny Chinese daughter thought I made it all for her so she ate it all.......

2-Shicken Breasts sliced into strips
2- Tablespoons Lemon Juice
2-3 Tablespoons Peanut oil or vegetable oil
2-3 Tablespoons Sesame Oil
1-Tablespoon Garlic powder or Garlic salt
1-Tablespoon Ginger powder or crushed ginger root the lenght of one finger joint
1-Tablespoon Garam Masala (if you can't buy it the recipe is at the bottom.
1/2 Cup plain yogurt
1-2 Tablespoons hot pepper powder or chili oil or hot pepper ground fine.

Mix everything and put the chicken in for about 20 minutes. Then put the chicken strips on a very hot grill. If you don't have a grill fry the strips in Peanut oil or vegetable oil.  Really good! Ask my skinny daughter. SHE ATE THE WHOLE THING!!!

Garam Masala: 1 tablespoon cardamom seeds, 1 teaspoon black cumin seed, 1 teaspoon whole cloves, 1 teaspoon black peppercorns or just plain black pepper, 1/3 teaspoon nutmeg and 1 finger length cinnamon stick.  If you don't have a coffee grinder then try to crush everything into a fine powder. Kee at it for a while until almost everything is ground up. Keep the fine powder and throw away the big pieces. I think it is a spice from India. Check the big grocery stores.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-27 17:32:28 |Display all floors

wow,that sounds great

I 've made praghetti for my family yesterday, they like it! and my brother said it is very good and tasted even better than which a resturant's around his college.LOL   
what you have made yesterday looks like something complicated ,but i believe it 's do delicious ,for your daughter 've eaten it all,LOL   
as for my family ,to be honest,they are  more like Chinese food than  western's.so i have decided to make dumplings for them tomorrow,and in our traditional habit, we must eat dumplings tomorrow night,becasue it's NEW YEAR'S EVE.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.