Views: 21241|Replies: 53

Communist China [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-1-11 09:00:57 |Display all floors
Communist China human right abuses leave a lot to be desired.  China is not free and still have a long way to go before it can join the international community.  There is also no freedom of religion in China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-11 09:09:47 |Display all floors
i don't agree ur opinoin, but partly is true.
everything has two sides, when we focus on the bad side, we should rethink the good side.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-11 09:27:17 |Display all floors
Originally posted by jadeemperor at 2006-1-11 09:00
Communist China human right abuses leave a lot to be desired.  China is not free and still have a long way to go before it can join the international community.  There is also no freedom of religio ...

Ok, that's nice...
Now tell us something we don't already know.
"扶摇万重兮,
放我麒麟冲荡。
清清渭水兮,
舞我手中霓裳。 "

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-11 11:02:35 |Display all floors
Too bad you think so.

To me, everything is OK. I don't care it's communism or capitalism, as long as my salary is rising, I'm satisfied.

Religion? What is it? Can you tell me: dose God creates human beings, or human beings create God. From my point of view, religion is just a kind of guide line. So, no need to believe in one specific religion, just follow your conscience.

btw, the biggest problem of religion is exclusive, you are limited to that specific religion. Is that a good example of freedom? Look back the history, how many wars happend due to religious difference?

[ Last edited by catbird at 2006-1-11 11:06 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-11 11:55:41 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-11 12:44:28 |Display all floors

have anyone read the Gaozhicheng letter yet?

I received a unsolicited email two days ago, after reading it, i couldn't sleep.

if the content is true, I believe no one here could be complacent or optimistic about China's human rights situation.

I will just give a hint of what it was about, the lawyer Gaozhicheng did some research on how people of a cult were treated. It was the most gruesome you could possibly imagine. the gruesomeness of dark age Europe in treating non-believers could be just one tenth of what's being told in the email.

Ignorance is a blessing.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-11 13:59:27 |Display all floors
I would rephrase your statements somewhat:

The state capitalist autocracy of China leaves a lot to be desired concerning its application of human rights, just like many other nations (for a list, see AI:s publications). China of today is freer than ever before, and in many regards more free than many a Western democracy, although also China has its share of unfreeness. China has since long joined the international community, and this collaboration is growing deeper for every day that goes by. Also, there is religious freedom in China, although as in most countries there are laws in place to regulate how religious organizations may operate (and to make the point clear: religious groups may not challenge the authority, and may not be led by foreign leaders).

Such a phrasing is more sophisticated and much closer to the truth than your provocative troll post.
瑞典人,活着为中国娃娃而死。汉学家、工程师、摄影师、网页设计师等等。爱好:政治、历史、科技、文化等。王菲迷。自由主义者。

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.