Author: wchao37

1976-2006 -- watershed years to initial prosperity [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-1-11 16:44:40 |Display all floors

Good for you, Chief Six Horses

Whatever makes you enjoy your life more, go for it.  

So long as you do not harm others, what you do in the privacy of your own home is your business alone.

I will now call it a day.

Beautiful chats gentlemen.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-13 01:10:39 |Display all floors
I don't get it.

I thought wchao37 is doing exceedingly well in this thread.  I don't understand what the disruption from caringhk is about.

caringhk, would you explain?

---
whampoa

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-14 08:16:02 |Display all floors

Yes, I agree, quality control of Talk to CD Forum is exceedingly important

"Talk to Chinadaily" is the frontpage of Chinadaily.

Quality control is the life of every product -- be it a book, a forum, or a nation.

Only the best writers congregate in this forum, just like only the best-qualified candidates take the top posts in a government.

The names you see in this forum are some of the best you will see anywhere.

The rest can go elsewhere and talk about how to cook avocados dipped in hot pepper sauce, not here.

This place is for hot studs and gals with whips in their minds.

China is where the world is paying rapt attention to these days because this is the place where the CAN-DO spirit of the Wild West prevails albeit in a cultured and civilized mode, and therefore absolutely nothing should be left to chance.

The proof is in the eating of the pudding -- 2005 was the first year that no American newsmagazine went without some reference to China somewhere in its pages.

Our struggle was in the thick of it throughout the whole of 2005 as you can reminisce by reading the posts in "The Central Task" thread which I was using to ward off the mosquitos by uploading most of the more inclusive articles into it.

2005 was a good year for China and a good year for Chinadaily.com.  The events are all chronicled in "The Central Task....." thread and others such as "Whither Japan on V-60 Day," "...Ma Yin-jeou Administration," "A tale of two calamities" etc.

Chinadaily.com is the window through which the world looks into China and vice versa, and our job in this forum is to explain China to the world and the world to China.

That's why I agree with you that writing exceedingly well here is very important, and you too can do it.

Don't let the backbiting conspirators grab your soul to waste your talent and talk about fried bananas just to prove their spite against us.

Always remember: you EARN your reputation and you deserve every ounce of it.  No one can ever take that away from you.

In other words, in this forum, we are all prima donnas of Chinadaily.com.

No exceptions. :)

[ Last edited by wchao37 at 2006-1-16 06:55 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-14 08:44:10 |Display all floors
Originally posted by wchao37 at 14-1-2006 00:16
In other words, in this forum, we are all prima donnas of Chinadaily.com.

No exceptions.

This is the kind of positive, friendly spirit that I think we need to see more of in the Chinadaily forums. :)
"People are the water, the ruler is the boat; water can carry the boat, but it can also capsize it."

-- Li Shimin (2nd Tang Emperor, "Taizong")

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-14 09:15:29 |Display all floors

Right, being polite to pirates doesn't mean we can't cross our swords

Originally posted by mencius at 2006-1-14 08:44

This is the kind of positive, friendly spirit that I think we need to see more of in the Chinadaily forums. :)

My rationale is you need a whip in your mind to be effective posters in important forums like this one.

Some of the losers always claimed I attacked their daughters and mothers when they lost POLITICAL arguments with wchao37 during the past two years.

They will never tell you that it was they who started it all by attacking Chinese women first.  They then went back to delete those posts and came back with tears in their eyes, "wchao37 just bullied me and the mods are on his side.  This is so unfair that I want to cry."

The telling difference is that these folks always have a PM letter ready to send to everyone badmouthing me, and if you read these PMs (I have read most of them since there is always some forumite kind enough to let me know) ten times a day you will come to believe it.

Like this guy said he taught me how to write English.

I have never attacked anyone without being provoked first (political discussions are not included here since I do launch such attacks on Japan apologists and Taidus proactively).

And I am not so prideful that I believe I am the "rima Donna of Chinadaily" as one guy tried to pin the label on me and it stuck in the Googling.

But I do believe that I have earned my reputation through eight years of writing and that's not something you can take away from me just by gossiping behind my back.

People are not stupid.  They can READ the posts and find out for themselves who's actually doing what in these forums.

Let's not play one-upmanship and do engage in these fun discussions about politics.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-14 10:10:43 |Display all floors
Originally posted by wchao37 at 14-1-2006 01:15

They will never tell you that it was they who started it all by attacking Chinese women first.

Do two wrongs make a right? If it really was a case of someone attacking Chinese women, was it such a good idea to pretend to auction someone's daughter? If you want to stay on the moral highground then you can't resort to tit-for-tat. The reason the forum used to be so awful was that the was a constant flame war going on. As the expression goes, "it takes two to tango". By responding in the way they hope you will, you're just playing their game.

[ Last edited by mencius at 2006-1-14 02:12 AM ]
"People are the water, the ruler is the boat; water can carry the boat, but it can also capsize it."

-- Li Shimin (2nd Tang Emperor, "Taizong")

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-14 10:31:55 |Display all floors

It's that British cunning out of the genie's bottle again

We are all aware of the fact that Mencius can QUOTE wchao37.

But do we have any evidence at all that Mencius can debate wchao37 and still hold his own?

You are playing Jehovah again by yelling through those clouds "thou shall not.....step on Mencius' tail."

There are more to the story about the so-called auction than meets the eye.  It was killing two birds with one stone if you hadn't noticed it.

No one would take it seriously that one 70-year old guy with 17 heart attacks behind him was actually the son-in-law of a twenty-five year-old Brit conversant with the auction rules.

If you take that kind of metaphor literally like you would take a simile then you are in serious trouble.

This mention of my having attacked anyone unprovoked is pure nonsense.

There is a Chinese saying, "Shan ren chen hu" or "three tattlers would make even the obviously false allegation (that a tiger is running amuck in the streets) sound true."

In other words, if there is enough repetition anyone can abandon his normal reasoning faculties and believe the tattlers.  

That's how Goebbels was able to mesmerize the entire nation of Germany into a trance by drumming away at a few cliches and platitudes in his propaganda.

I retreated to allow the naysayers a chance for a comeback since they had been clamoring for my head and putting all the blame for their own failures in these forums on me -- saying that it was because of me that they couldn't or wouldn't write.

The events of the past month have shown unmistakably that that was pure nonsense.

In the market economy, competition is the keyword.

No one is going to baby them and ask them for posting if it is their preference not to do so.

Look at the quality of the posts in the past month.  

Was there even one post so well-written by the detractors that one simply couldn't go to sleep without taking a second look at?

All they had been doing is what they did best -- by tattling about me behind my back with the mods, and not really writing anything substantial on any political topic.

All they worry about is whether my posts are up in the front, and not whether they are able to write similar posts to propel themselves forward.

This is the logic of all losers in a market economy.  They will feel gratified only if they can pull you down to their own level or else they will slander you as the cause of what they label as 'disruption' but which in reality was nothing more than their own inability to offer valid counterpoints.

In Spring-Autumn times there was an official called "Xin Ling Jun" who asked someone about the character of a man (Yu Qing) who sacrificed all he had (including his own job as Prime Minister) to help a friend escape from the wrath of his enemies.

The person to whom the question was addressed said, "If this man Yu Qing could forsake his own job (as Prime Minister of a neighboring state) to help a friend whom no one else would give a darn about, why would you even ask a question about Yu Qing's character when the answer is so self-evident?"

The important thing is "yun ren bu yi, yi ren bu yun."

Ask your Chinese friends what this means.

[ Last edited by wchao37 at 2006-1-19 04:47 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.