Views: 11861|Replies: 61

Foreign boyfriend held different opinion in relationship [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-12-25 21:58:38 |Display all floors
My friend, a Chinese girl, currently fall in love with an English man.  However, she is quite upset that she can not be cared as she expect.  He is a kind of man travelling around world and make business.  Though they decide to put things together when he can settle down, she still can not stand he could disappear for 2 weeks without any call, email or message.  Can you, Chinese girl with a foreign boyfriend or western boy with Chinese girlfriend tell the difference attitude regarding culture, opinion and character in relationship? Maybe we can find way to be confortable with different background.

Please kindly comment on it.

Lily:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-25 23:37:23 |Display all floors
I'm an American woman, not Chinese, but I'm going to answer anyway... If a couple is serious (heading toward marriage, or married) then even if he was gone for a few days, he could still call! You said no calls, email or other messages... that doesn't sound right to me. If my guy was going away (or I was) he would call maybe to say he got there safely and all was well.... then it depends on the couple. Some want to talk briefly each night, some are ok with a few days going by with nothing... but not 2 weeks with nothing... that would worry me.

No matter how busy he is he can take a few minutes to call in the morning or evening, especially if it is important to her.

My sister's husband calls her several times a day, but she thinks that's too much and gets annoyed.  I would too.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-26 00:04:16 |Display all floors

It's not about foreign or native

2 WEEKS WITHOUT ANY CALLS, EMAILS OR MESSAGES?unless he was in the hospital during that time, I couldn't see there are any excuses for no calls...so are you really sure,that he's her boyfriend?
It has nothing to do with foreign boyfriends or native boyfriends...or whether there are any culture differences...When you are in love with some one,you will just eager to talk to him/her every minute,to share what happens every day with him/her...
to call you girlfriend every day or send her emails or text messages means you are thinking about her,care about her...she's always on your mind ...she's important to you...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-26 00:58:27 |Display all floors

I feel ...

I feel that man doesn't love your friend.  If he cared about how your friend feels, he wouldn't have done that to her. My boyfriend calls me at least 6 times every day. And if one day he doesn't do that anymore, I know where his heart goes.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-26 01:10:21 |Display all floors
LOL!! thats pretty funny... "And if one day he doesn't do that anymore, I know where his heart goes."
2 weeks... thats pretty long... in my opinion, i believe that this male is obviously playing out your friend. the least he can do text message. we gotta consider that relationship is built upon trust and time. time and trust co-exist. without time, there wouldnt be any trust. without trust, a relationship can not and will not exist.
In college alone and I am loving it. ^^

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-26 01:17:04 |Display all floors

it's not funny

I just tell the truth. When a man loves you, he does every silly thing like calling you up to 100++ times on a day. But when he no longer loves you, he wouldn't even call once...  wrong?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-26 03:04:02 |Display all floors
Six times a day?!? That's lovely if your relationship is still new, but if he calls less & less over time, don't worry that his heart is somewhere else.
I don't think calling more than once a day is necessary. Maybe in the beginning of a relationship or when you're young you might think it should be several times a day, and that's fine if you both feel that way... but after a couple is comfortable with each other they no longer need to speak to each other every minute.

Based on the little we know, I don't think that man is serious about her.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.