Author: CyhLOVEgjh

Stop using Japanese goods [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-1-18 10:31:45 |Display all floors
If we're not buying Japanese goods, does that mean we're going to boycott Japanese brands altogether? Wouldn't that mean those sly Japanese companies don't get any royalties? Hooray!

Let me see... I'll just tell my Dad to chuck away his Honda, and my uncle to stop driving his employers around in that Toyota RAV4 the company has. My grandparents will have to, unfortunately, suffer in summer because we're boycotting Japanese things and they have a Mitsubishi air conditioner. My Mum has to stop watching her favourite DVDs, because the player's a Panasonic. And she can't switch on the TV, even, since it's a Toshiba!

My friend will have to give his NEC mobile phone to someone else. Pity, it's a really slim phone and he's really fond of it. His twin brother would surely kick and scream and everything, but it can't change the fact that we'll have to deprive him of his Playstation 2, as well as his GameCube and PSP. He can still have his Xbox, though it's a pity he'll have to spend the money he saved up elsewhere, since he can't go buy a PS3 now.

My other friend would probably hate me for this, but she will definitely have to spend more money for an ipod, because her TEAC obviously is being boycotted. Her mother might get pissed, too, because she hasn't transferred her family photos from their Canon camera yet, and now they have to get rid of it. And even if she did transfer it in time, with the lack of harddisk she wanted to burn them onto a CD. Pity they only have a stack of TDK brand ones.

My accountant cousin's job would be made so much harder if you took any their Casio calculators. I guess this means that she'll never be out of a job because it's going to take her so much longer to do stuff, and there is so much stuff to do.

And me? Well, I'm happy about this all, because now, even if I had to play or practice something on my electronic keyboard, I would have the perfect excuse. "I'm sorry, I can't. My keyboard's a Yamaha."

[ Last edited by heywilma at 2007-1-18 10:32 AM ]
*breathe*

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-18 10:57:08 |Display all floors
I am really tired of reading such suggestions of boycotting Japanese goods or sth. like that. This is really a
unwise advice. I don't want to say whether you can really stop using Japanese goods, since there are so
many selling in every place. Even if you really stopping using Japanese, you are not a true patriot. Most
people are using Japanese goods in their life and they love our country as much as those have the
unadvisable idea. Truely, rightwing power in Japan is threating China, their youngsters are educated to  
see Sino-Japanese War as correct action. Many Japanese dislike Chinese just like we Chinese dislike
them. China and Japan have lots of problems ready to be solved. But, to surpass Japan doesn't mean we
have to boycott their goods, which are in good quality than our domestic ones, I have to say. We must
study their technology and use them to develop ourselves. In the future, the whole world will use Chinese
products.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-19 13:40:06 |Display all floors

I agree with you.

Originally posted by polaris1120 at 2007-1-18 10:57
,  Japan doesn't mean we have to boycott their goods, which are in good quality than our domestic ones, I have to say.  We must study their technology and use them to develop ourselves. In the future, the whole world will use Chinese
products.  ...

But don't we see that happening now? Otherwise, how did we manage to amass more than 1 trillion USD in forex reserves? Also look at China's trade figures for the past 5 years.
Hasn't China already surpassed Japan as the third largest trading nation?
Still I have to agree with you that China must improve further on the quality of her products so that peoples around the world would choose to buy more Chinese products and  less of Japanese!
Japanese can never compete with low Chinese prices, but they make up with high quality, if we could surpass the  quality of Japanese products, then surely the Chinese could win a greater market share away from the  Japanese.
Learn also from the Korean, many of their products are eating up a huge chunk of market share from the Japanese, e.g. home appliances, electronics goods, autos and so on. If Korean can do, so can the Chinese.
In fact, I'm pretty sure that the Chinese can do it in a much greater stride!

[ Last edited by correction at 2007-1-19 01:42 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-19 14:10:34 |Display all floors
Originally posted by correction at 2007-1-19 13:40

But don't we see that happening now? Otherwise, how did we manage to amass more than 1 trillion USD in forex reserves? Also look at China's trade figures for the past 5 years.
Hasn't China alr ...

Correct strategy!!!

Need not hv too good a product that becomes expensive to sell!!!

Also not too cheap as NO Quality.

Somewhere in the MIDDLE would be ALRIGHT!!!
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-19 14:29:46 |Display all floors

Thanks caringhk.

Originally posted by caringhk at 2007-1-19 14:10

Correct strategy!!!

Need not hv too good a product that becomes expensive to sell!!!

Also not too cheap as NO Quality.

Somewhere in the MIDDLE would be ALRIGHT!!!

Yes, you're right. But I'm also thinking of high quality Japanese products that are in good demand and sold for quite a high price. The Chinese should produce similar products with BETTER qualities and lower price, so naturally consumers would choose to buy Chinese products than Japanese. And the Japanese in no way could lower their prices on par with the Chinese, so this would certainly drive them out of their global market share, one by one!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-19 15:17:24 |Display all floors
Originally posted by correction at 2007-1-19 14:29

Yes, you're right. But I'm also thinking of high quality Japanese products that are in good demand and sold for quite a high price. The Chinese should produce similar products with BETTER quali ...

AGREE!!!

with their HIGH cost of living,

surely they cannot compete!!!

BEWARE : they are smart to come out with many VALUE ADDING products

with enhancements.
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-19 15:26:27 |Display all floors

AGREE!!!

Originally posted by caringhk at 2007-1-19 15:17

AGREE!!!

with their HIGH cost of living,

surely they cannot compete!!!

BEWARE : they are smart to come out with many VALUE ADDING products

with enhancements.

Yes, they are smart and crafty, Chinese need to work harder to stay ahead of them all the time. Now's the time to beat them flat!!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.