Author: flyingroc

When will China's economy be the No.1 in the world? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-4-3 05:11:19 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-6 15:09:43 |Display all floors
liang1a:

Congratulation for being one of the few who recognize PPP.  China will transition and rely more on domestic consumption to grow its economy in the future.  There is plenty of domestic savings to fuel internally generated growth.  I agree it should not rely on low tech, low margin items, but that is the price of transition, going from an agricultural economy, to a market focused, opened global economy.  The workforce is in transition and need time to gain the skills necessary to compete in higher tech, higher margin items, and that will happen with time.  These are transition pains, but temporary since the domestic savings is already there not only to attract many in the world to do business, but to fuel China’s domestic growth.  

CHICK HERE FOR MY ANALYSIS OF WHEN CHINA WILL RETURN TO #1 ECONOMY IN THE WORLD

[ Last edited by raymondusa at 2006-4-5 11:23 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-6 16:22:07 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-6 16:47:03 |Display all floors

Reply #60 liang1a's post

Agree with you but people won't be "stagnant always".

Humans are creative and desires Progress as well quality.

I think we are talking Quantum leaps in future.
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-6 23:42:39 |Display all floors
liang1a:

It’s part of the transition.  Some in the agricultural generation will find it difficult to acquire the skills necessary to compete in a global economy.  It will take time to make this transition.  I look at my own family as an example.  My parents were Chinese immigrants.  They didn’t have much formal education, but were street smart.  My father worked hard to raise his family, and my mom was a stay at home mom, watching the kids, making sure we stayed in school, get a good education, so our generation can compete.  Today, I own two companies, one in real estate investments, and the other a mortgage company.  It took 20+ years or one generation, to transform my family's future.   My education opened the door to opportunities my parents could only dream about.  If my parents had the same educational opportunities as I did, they would accomplish similar things.  Valuing education is something that is in the Chinese culture.  The difficult part is the transition, because typical villagers like my relatives, really don’t have the skills to compete in high tech sectors, so this focus on low tech, low margin products is what they can do.  Give their kids an opportunity to get a good education, and you will see the next generation continue the China transformation.  

Lastly, are you the same guy who posted the 12 points to improving China?  If so, can you repost your link, since I cannot find it.  If that’ s not you, then never mine.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-7 02:17:35 |Display all floors

"When will China's economy be the No.1 in the world"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-7 12:06:16 |Display all floors

Reply #63 chinese_yang's post

You are right.....
We should make Chinese people HAPPY, WEALTHY and have LONG LIFES....

No.1 at any cost....NO NO NO NO NO
No.1 and have the whole world angry at us...NO NO NO
No.1 and follow LITTLE RED DOT....become imitation Jews....NO NO NO

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU, Mr. Yang!!!!!!

Green Dragon

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.