Views: 2112|Replies: 4

is it racial prejudice or something else? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-11-30 08:39:05 |Display all floors
its was at a banquet 3 days ago in the rainbow hotel here, when the 59th men's bodybuilding championship was over, we all went there to attend the banquet. one guy invited me to sit at their table, and i thougnt it was a good idea coz they r from finland and estonia. but at the table, they dont talk a lot, its strange that all guys at the  tables around us r talking,laughing, but we only talk little. i wished i had agreed to sit with those spanish guys or some really kind guys from irain or brazil. at least they r not so damly quiet. i wonder if its racial prejudice? i just couldnt figure out why they r so quiet. but seems they r friendly coz they gave me present,well, i m really confused:-(

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-1 02:55:41 |Display all floors

Base on your description, I don;t think what you experienced was racial prjudice

Maybe by luck, you were sitting with a bunch of introverts. People who prefer Introversion tend to focus on the inner world of ideas and impressions....they are reflective people.
Did you initiate any conversation with them? If you did, how did they respond to your topic? Were they relaxed or tensed?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-1 12:40:39 |Display all floors

Kind of off the topic...

That's IFBB Pro Mr. Universe which every year gets held in a different country.

But do you know if China (or any of its provinces) hold their own body building contests?

Again, off topic. If you know, much appreciated.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-2 22:33:49 |Display all floors

glad u said that, thunderbird

hei, thunderbird, i m so glad that u thought it was not racial prejudice, actually i didnt ask many questions, i just asked when they fly back and they told me one week later, and when i asked what they were going to do in the following days one of them said that they dont know, and another kind one asked whether i was willing to be their guider in shanghai, i didnt agree coz i didnt have enough time. and then not many talk with other guys except one finnish judge and one estonian investor. thats all.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-2 22:44:53 |Display all floors

sorry, metto, right now i dont know any information related

i am sorry,metto, i get any information related to the body building here, acutually i wonder if its so popular here as it is in some other countries. i was surprised when some foreigners were so crazy about the competition. when the overall champion went down from the stage, i was pushed all around and coundt find may way. well, metto, sorry i couldnt help, if i hear something related, i will pm u.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.