Views: 2918|Replies: 6

The felling using Englist-to-Englist Dictionary [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-11-9 10:12:02 |Display all floors
Recently I look up the words in E-E Dictionary. But i have no deep impression to the explanation. It was not like as i used the E-C Dictionary.
With the chinese explanation I can recall the sence of the word.  So i am bewilder whether i should use the E-E Dictionary continuously.
Can you help me? What can I do.
I do wait for your suggestion.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-5 16:19:59 |Display all floors

Dictionary

It depends on which E-E dictionary you used. Some of them give you example phrases or sentences to illustrate the usage of the word.

The concise dictionaries are easy to carry in your pocket, but don't carry much explanation and may not make meanings very clear.

When buying a dictionary, you need to flip through the pages and see which style of explanation of meaning is most useful to you.

When you go to a bookshop, think of any particular word (or words). Then pick up a few different brands of dictionaries and see how each of them explains those same words. That will help you decide which dictionary is the best for you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-6 19:27:24 |Display all floors
of course e-e,i recommend Collins

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-9 12:45:11 |Display all floors

It depends on your English level .

When your English level is high , an E-E dictionary is more suitable for you to learn English . When you just gasp a little amount of   words , you'd better choose an E-C dictionary , for you may got comfused by the complete English explainations in a C-C dictionary , with a limited vocabulary .
Another day , another dollars!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-10 20:33:30 |Display all floors

A dictionary with English and Chinese explanation combined is the best choice.

Burning Alone

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-11 05:47:26 |Display all floors

Free online dictionary.

I use this one at times. While there are many definitions when I translate Chinese it to English, if you have a general understanding about the word, you can narrow down the search quite well. The only draw back is that you can only do one word at a time.

http://www.chinese-tools.com/tools/dictionary/dico_Li.html

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-11 05:49:42 |Display all floors

Here is another free online translation.

This is a little nicer as you can translate a whole sentence at the same time.

http://world.altavista.com/tr

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.