Views: 9855|Replies: 28

What are you reading? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-10-7 11:42:39 |Display all floors
I am reading the adapted novel Rebecca by British Writer -Daphne du Maurier. I watched the film many years ago.
I enjoy the mysterical and nice depiction.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-10-7 14:17:53 |Display all floors

Hiya Flora

Daphne Du Maurier is nice.  I also enjoy her mysteries.  Her depiction of life and relationships is, as you said, quite nice.

Usually, I read a few poems and some science or math articles everyday, just to keep my brain working.  I also try to practice at least one Hanzi (Chinese Character) a day, but lately oit is more like one a week.

But I read an Agatha Christie Novel lately, just for fun.  It was "The Mysterious Affair at Styles". It was a mystery and romance, set in 1918 London, and quite fun.

You can get a copy on the web at the Gutenberg Project Web Site.  

Also, I moved some of my poetry to a website on MSN, at

http://spaces.msn.com/members/dragonpoets/

you might check it out and see if you can go there.  This site has a lot of my late stuff, pretty rough, not finished or polished yet, but you may find it interesting.

ta ta,

lsr.  龍詩人

I will be moving all my stuff to a site which will be accessible through china, but not for a few months.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-10-8 06:47:16 |Display all floors

I like reading crime and mystery stories

I like contemporary crime fiction and read two or three monthly. The last one I read was Jonathon King’s The Blue Edge of Midnight, an award-winning novel about the people and things in the Everglades, Florida. I enjoy having a sensation of heart catching and mind taking through reading the crime and mystery stories driven by great characters and countless surprises.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-10-12 13:43:23 |Display all floors

like sci-fi

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-10-15 11:31:56 |Display all floors

Wow, I can access your new website of poetry!

Hi LSR,
Thanks a lot for all you sharing! It is really GREAT that I can read your poems there. I skipped it just now. I will read them carefully again. Still feel tired...
And very glad that you are learning Hanzi. I think Chinese is one of the most beautiful languages in the world  and I am proud of our culture and  ancient literature ( I don't enjoy modern Chinese literature that much)
I supposed you might read /hear about poems by LI Bai, Du Fu  because you mentioned them in you previous post. Their works are the the pearls indeed. I love them ! And Hope you can read them in originally one day. (It is not good to read to translation because it will lose rhythm, metre etc as you know)

Learning Chinese is not a piece of cake for most non-native Chinese speakers, Since  you can speak and write Japanese, I think it will be duck soup for you  because there are many Hanzi (traditional Chinese characters )with are same to Japanese Hanzi both in writing and meaning, even the pronounciation)

All right, have a good weekend...

Regards,
Flora

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-10-15 11:42:35 |Display all floors

I like reading detective and mysterial stories too

Hello John,
Thanks for sharing the book you  read. I enjoy them too  but I prefer to watch DVD of this kind but not reading.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-10-15 11:43:55 |Display all floors

Sci-fi is great too but I hardly read. I will try...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.