Views: 6523|Replies: 10

各位前辈,“先结婚后恋爱”有相应的英文表达方式吗? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-9-24 18:29:23 |Display all floors
“先结婚后恋爱”在英文中有相应的谚语或俗语吗?请大家赐教。谢谢。小妹这厢有礼了。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-9-24 21:43:21 |Display all floors

先结婚后恋爱

Love can be cultivated after marriage.

Whether there exists such an expression in English language I do not know. I wonder whether it can be expressed this way?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-9-25 08:54:27 |Display all floors

wedded before falling in love

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-9-25 19:58:33 |Display all floors

先结婚后恋爱

Not a translation.

But isn't 先结婚后恋爱 amounting to putting the cart before the horse?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-9-28 21:33:09 |Display all floors

Thank you very very much

Acutally, I want to use the sentence to express the transition of my attitude towards my major in college. At first, I , as a freshman, did not know its professional background and the application. However, with the past three years' learning, I have established a comprehensive understanding of my major.

I think "先结婚后恋爱" is a proper expression in Chinese that represents the transition. Maybe we should not translate it word by word into English and there is an authentic English expression to expound what I want to say.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-9-28 21:34:31 |Display all floors

Thank you very very much

Acutally, I want to use the sentence to express the transition of my attitude towards my major in college. At first, I , as a freshman, did not know its professional background and the application. However, with the past three years' learning, I have established a comprehensive understanding of my major.

I think "先结婚后恋爱" is a proper expression in Chinese that represents the transition. Maybe we should not translate it word by word into English and there is an authentic English expression to expound what I want to say.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-9-28 21:40:05 |Display all floors

some virsions

先结婚后恋爱

1) Interest is someting to be cultivated.

2) Love is based on understanding

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.